PTR - Can't enter the PTR? Discuss it here.

#0 - May 12, 2010, 12:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
To help cut down the massive amount of threads asking the same questions, here's a unlocked sticky thread where you can discuss your issues with logging into the PTR.

Can't enter the PTR? Read the other replies to this thread (when there are some) and if your question still isn't answered, ask it here and not in a new thread.
#1 - May 12, 2010, 12:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Always keep in mind the status of the PTR before posting. If we list the status as offline, then please do not post questions about being unable to access the PTR. Thank you in advance.
#2 - May 12, 2010, 12:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just to clear something out, there's a new system for the 3.3.5 PTR's this means that in order to access the PTR you MUST have copied a character first.

There's a blue post describing it here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=24702265399&pageNo=1&sid=1#7

But basically what they've done is that PTR's are now considered a region itself, just like EU is a region and US are a region, and that you need a US account to login to the US realms, you now need a PTR account to login to the PTR realms.

When you copy your character, a special PTR license will be given out to your battle.net account, this will act as your single game account in the PTR testing phase, and any character copied from any of your account(s) will end up on this single account. So after the copy process has been finalized, all problems relating to the "A WoW license cannot be found on this account..."-login issues should be gone.
#40 - May 12, 2010, 7:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We are aware that there continues to be issues with character copy.
#185 - May 14, 2010, 5:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We have just resolved an issue with premade character copy. However, this doesn't necessarily mean that other issues won't be encountered.
#192 - May 14, 2010, 6:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So basicly you're saying you're not fixing the issue with battle.net accounts having more than 1 WoW license?

Go you, Blizzard.
Even slight mocking like this is not helpful at all. We post in here as we can -- so why would we want to take time out to help anyone who's having a go at us? Keep it civil or please do not expect any sort of reply.

I just tried myself and it worked for me in Firefox 3.6.3. What browser are you using? If it is not the same one I am using, try using that instead. Even I've seen different results on different browsers.
#195 - May 14, 2010, 6:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Like he said, they fixed one of the reasons it doesn't work, but I bet there are 10 other issues that takes them at least 2 weeks to even care about fixing because it works for US.
Firstly, I appreciate that at the start of your message, at least, you're trying to help us. But for the last bit you say, please take note that it's the same process in the US as it is here. The endless "works in the US but not EU" comments are not helpful, as they are the same realms and same ways to access them.

The US PTR forum is also filled with loads of threads from people unable to connect or unable to character copy -- just like ours. Don't believe me? Check them out:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.html?forumId=11572&sid=1
#200 - May 14, 2010, 6:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Got an issue at the moment, managed to copy a character and i even loged in to the PTR to the realm i chose.

I played for about 3 minutes, needed to change my name then proceeded to reset my talent build, then it seemed as if i dced but trade chat still worked, i restarted the game now i'm stuck at loading screen for 5 minutes ( tried crashing the client and restarting).

Not sure if servers are restarting or whatever thought i should post here anyway.
All I can suggest is trying again, and if necessary, again and again. Try quitting out of WoW completely. Try restarting your computer. All these things and more are standard things to try in this kind of testing environment. Now, you might have already tried all these things. In which case, I'd suggest waiting and trying again much later on. It can be frustrating to try to play during a testing phase (PTR, Alpha, Beta) but that's the nature of the beast. If in the end testing is too frustrating, then you can always return to the live realms where we focus our attention on ensuring the accessibility is a load better than it can be on the PTR.
#219 - May 14, 2010, 6:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Hey. I have problem accesing Character Copy page on http://www.wow-europe.com/charcopy/character-copy.html . When i type my username and password, some page opens with error

I am asking is this some error that others also have, or i redirected to some other website that will hack my account?
Tried some other browser? If not, give it a go.
#228 - May 14, 2010, 6:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Why are to edit the topic of online/offline ? :P you say again offline , and the realms are online :P xD
If they're online when I post they're offline, that might just mean they haven't been brought offline yet.

Though it needs to be noted that when we're not in the office, updating the status is even more voluntary than it is when we are. So sometimes the status thread does lie to you; that's unavoidable I'm afraid. But we do try and keep it as up to date as possible.
#229 - May 14, 2010, 6:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I tried different browsers and pc´s and i got the problem with Http 500 error when i enter ptr char copy page for 3 days now.
OK, you might simply be unable to enter the PTR during this testing phase. Unfortunate, but this happens for a lot of people. :-(
#232 - May 14, 2010, 6:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
No problem mate =) are you doing to call Diablodev to ask a delay of testing again ? =)
If the testing cannot take place, then we'd look into rescheduling it.
#250 - May 14, 2010, 8:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
All being well, the PT realms will come up again soon -- but no promises, since unexpected things can occur to prevent this.
#393 - May 27, 2010, 3:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Is blizzard even reading these posts? I mean... they opened this topic so it should have priority so they should've read it by now... I know that blizzard is not the god and cannot do 100 things at a time but they do nothing to actualy help sort things out... all they do is put more and more into the unperfect maze.
We made this topic for players to discuss the issue between themselves, as that is mostly what the forums are for. We do help out and reply where we can but unfortunately we are not able to reply all that much.
#394 - May 27, 2010, 3:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Today ive downloaded the update on the ptr when i tried to log in it said login server is currently busy what does that means? I was playing normal yesterday but today i cant log in! plz help
OK, we are aware of a "login server busy" message.
#397 - May 28, 2010, 10:24 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
OK, we are aware of a "login server busy" message.
This was resolved pretty soon after I posted last night.
#401 - May 28, 2010, 1:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Does anyone have any other ideas? It's starting to drive me a bit loopy so I'm off for a nice walk down the beach (<3 living by the sea) before I chuck the PC through the window. Any help is more than welcome, I forsee managing to connect to the ptr only to find I've borked my connection to the normal realms.
Unfortunately accessing the PTR sometimes just doesn't work for some people, irrespective of what they try. But you're right to ask in this thread because maybe someone will think of something you haven't yet thought of -- who knows! Anyhow, good luck ;-)