The RAF program is DESIGNED for self-recruit

#0 - April 30, 2010, 4:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
The Recruit-a-Friend program is called Recruit-a-Friend because that's what it is intended to function as - a means to recruiting a friend and gaining a reward for doing so should your friend enjoy the game enough to continue playing. It's a thank you from us for introducing a new player to the world we've crafted over the years. It isn't intended for people to recruit themselves for the mount alone, but should people choose to do that, then that's completely their choice.

Oh please.... Now you are telling us that the large number of self-recruitment just to get the mount is purely unintended ?

With the exception of the free month, the RAF program rewards are specifically targeted to lure as many players as possible into spending 29 euros (15 euros for the game, 26 euros for 2 months play time, less 13 euros for the free month) to buy the best mount in the game and possible powerlevel 2 or 3 alts in the process.

Even the way bonus exp points and levels are given out in RAF program is designed for self-recruitment : a new player does not wish to rush through the game and not be able to properly learn game mechanism just so that his recruiter can have two level 60s during the week-end.

All that is left is blatant public relations hypocrisy : " oh my god, never in the world did we imagine that this is yet another paying mount, but who are we to stop them from doing it ? "

Well anyway good job Blizz on this, since many people are going to buy this mount. However, while you will get a net profit this time, (I for one am already too involved in the game to quit just because of this one aspect), I'll be sure to remember the "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" motto and not buy the free-to-play Diablo 3 you are developping nor the free-to-play Starcraft 2.
#4 - April 30, 2010, 4:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Oh please.... Now you are telling us that the large number of self-recruitment just to get the mount is purely unintended ?

With the exception of the free month, the RAF program rewards are specifically targeted to lure as many players as possible into spending 29 euros (15 euros for the game, 26 euros for 2 months play time, less 13 euros for the free month) to buy the best mount in the game and possible powerlevel 2 or 3 alts in the process.

Even the way bonus exp points and levels are given out in RAF program is designed for self-recruitment : a new player does not wish to rush through the game and not be able to properly learn game mechanism just so that his recruiter can have two level 60s during the week-end.

All that is left is blatant public relations hypocrisy : " oh my god, never in the world did we imagine that this is yet another paying mount, but who are we to stop them from doing it ? "

Well anyway good job Blizz on this, since many people are going to buy this mount. However, while you will get a net profit this time, (I for one am already too involved in the game to quit just because of this one aspect), I'll be sure to remember the "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" motto and not buy the free-to-play Diablo 3 you are developping nor the free-to-play Starcraft 2.
You're free to post this in the original thread. Locked for spam.