X-53 Touring Rocket - Enough is Enough!!!

#0 - April 28, 2010, 9:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok I understand that WoW is a business first and foremost and has to make a profit, but turning the best mount in the game bar none into a vehicle for recruit a friend? are you completely insane?

You only have to look at sales on that duff dual mount over the last fortnight to understand what a bad idea this was, or, as i suspect, is this the ultimate cynical ploy from a company desperate to wring every last penny it can from players

Sell it in the shop and it's twenty-five euros, offer it as a recruit and half of those with existing accounts wil be rushing to the shops for new WoW discs with a unique identifier and opening accounts for two months just so they qualify, net result sales go up and instead of twenty-five euros for a mount we're talking possibly as high as seventy euros

As i said, Cynical with a capital C

Keep it up Blizzard, you are slowly but surely testing my loyalty to a game i have loved for almost three years and i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one

Zebbedee, one seriously discombobulated elder druid

nb other forum users may want to bookmark this thread and see if it's stil here next week or if there is still a zebbedee on kor'gall, i'm going nowhere but after reading this the powers that be may have other ideas, i'm sure there'll be something in the EULA i've missed ;)
#14 - April 28, 2010, 10:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Sell it in the shop and it's twenty-five euros, offer it as a recruit and half of those with existing accounts wil be rushing to the shops for new WoW discs with a unique identifier and opening accounts for two months just so they qualify, net result sales go up and instead of twenty-five euros for a mount we're talking possibly as high as seventy euros
The Recruit-a-Friend program is called Recruit-a-Friend because that's what it is intended to function as - a means to recruiting a friend and gaining a reward for doing so should your friend enjoy the game enough to continue playing. It's a thank you from us for introducing a new player to the world we've crafted over the years. It isn't intended for people to recruit themselves for the mount alone, but should people choose to do that, then that's completely their choice.
Q u o t e:
nb other forum users may want to bookmark this thread and see if it's stil here next week or if there is still a zebbedee on kor'gall, i'm going nowhere but after reading this the powers that be may have other ideas, i'm sure there'll be something in the EULA i've missed ;)
Why do so many people think posting negative feedback will see them booted from the forums? It won't at all, but posting abuse and rude posts will serve only to have a user removed from the forums. You're on the right side of that line, though, so thanks!
#40 - April 28, 2010, 1:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
l was booted from forums for doing precisely that, giving negative feedback, and why was l booted ? because someone reported me as troll, you don't check what the posts are about, and if you do you recive so many reports on single user that you simply boot them to the sake of having peacefull sleep at night.
You're welcome to discuss this matter through our webform as it would be discourteous to post exactly what you said in a public forum and the reasons why the ban was put in place. :)

https://www.wow-europe.com/community/webform/index.html