Polite feed back.

#0 - April 27, 2010, 12:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
we do listen to all the feedback when it's made politely,
When developing games of this kind it's impossible to please every single player - to meet with all their needs or their demands - because you're all so very different, and you all want different things.

Taken from a very recent blue post. This little pondering thought comes from (the Oracle) post.

I have a question. Is this polite feed back from the forums?

How many players post on the forums, ( I do not expect an answer)
I have played for over 4 years and didn't start posting till Nov/Dec 2009. So are the opinions
on the forums the opinions of the few, or the many?

My life experiences have taught me that in general the complainers are more vocal. Having said that if anybody says anything nice they are derided as Bliz fanboys. The fact that so many still pay for the game suggests that in general things must be going the right way.

I like many aspect of the way the game has developed, the things I don't like cannot be changed by the game makers only individuals can change the way they behave.

pondering over.
#4 - April 27, 2010, 12:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I have a question. Is this polite feed back from the forums?
Some times, yes. The feedback comes from a great deal of sources, one of which are the forums.
Q u o t e:
How many players post on the forums, ( I do not expect an answer)
I have played for over 4 years and didn't start posting till Nov/Dec 2009. So are the opinions
on the forums the opinions of the few, or the many?
They're simply a sample. The majority of players (over 50%) of the player base do not post here, that much is clear I'm sure for most of us. But it's a demographic (I'm not a great fan of that word, but it kind of fits here) and a valuable source of what some people think. You're right though, the happy players are more often than not the quieter of the bunch. :]