Updated Void Storage and Bag Search Images

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#1 - Aug. 20, 2011, 12:52 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We've just added some new images to our Void Storage preview which show off the updated UI for Void Storage vaults, as well as the new bag search feature in action. Let us know what you think!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3342240#blog

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#2 - Aug. 20, 2011, 12:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Also, just to clear up a few points of confusion:

• Void Storage vaults will be per character, not per account. We're still very interested in providing a way for players to share BoA items cross-realm, but there are a number of technological milestones we need to reach before we can make that kind of service available.

• The prices for unlocking a Void Storage vault, depositing items, and withdrawing items are still under discussion. The values shown in the blog screenshots should not be considered final.

• You don't need to place an item in Void Storage in order to use it for Transmogrification. The systems are completely separate. They're designed to complement one another, but not require each other.

• Most tabards will be eligible for Void Storage (excluding a few which cannot become soulbound to a character).

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#13 - Aug. 20, 2011, 1 a.m.
Blizzard Post
08/19/2011 05:55 PMPosted by Scythe
woot. more info

If you have any other questions, speak up! While many of the details surrounding Void Storage and the bag search system are still under development, we'll be happy to try and provide you with as much information as we can. (And pass on your feedback to our developers, too!)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#15 - Aug. 20, 2011, 1:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
08/19/2011 06:03 PMPosted by Columbine
will there be an achievement "I got sucked into the Void" upon buying said Void Storage?

Good question! I'll see what I can find out. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#29 - Aug. 20, 2011, 1:48 a.m.
Blizzard Post
08/19/2011 06:14 PMPosted by Nessingwary
How many slots of void storage will be available?

80 slots.

08/19/2011 06:16 PMPosted by Alkari
Will you be able to use items in your void storage directly for "mogging", or will you have to withdraw them first?

You'll have to withdraw them first. The same would apply if you wanted to delete or destroy the items, too.

Think of Void Storage as a kind of stasis chamber.

08/19/2011 06:30 PMPosted by Clovyn
Could the Bag Search have a spellcheck/was-this-what-you-meant option? Too often I type little typos or miss-spell a word like leggaurds without realizing it, and find no results.

I don't believe the system is currently set up to do that, but I can certainly pass your feedback onto our designers. :)

Even so, the bag search is pretty smart and will start to filter results immediately after you begin typing. So, while you may not know how to spell a specific item's full name, you could always type in what you know -- maybe the first few letters, or one of the words in the item's name -- and the search will filter out anything that doesn't match.

You can see that kind of dynamic filtering in this screenshot here: http://us.media4.battle.net/cms/gallery/X6ZRMWJ5DX5M1313796610166.jpg