Spam (guild invite spam)

#1 - Aug. 15, 2011, 5:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Addon "NinjaInvite" and the script that is available online has to stop.

This is a quote from a Curse post:

I recently came across a nice little macro to help me recruit for my guild.

<script was here. Removed.>

What the above script does is compile a list of guildless players who show up in a "Who" search result list and sends them a message and a guild invite. I like this script BUT that can result in a lot of spamming. So I am currently attempting to build an Addon that compiles the same list from a search criteria but after it sends the invite that toon name is recorded in a "do not invite" list. Meaning once you run the addon once everybody who said no will be added to that list, so when you run it agian in the future they will not get another invite.

Currently I am looking at the code to the Addon "Multimail" to give me an idea how I would genterate a database of names.

If anybody has any advice to offer I would really appreciate it.

This has really gotten out of hand now. I made an alt a few weeks back and the amount of guild invites I've gotten up to my current lvl 45 now is astunnishing. It's a char I've made to just mess around, relax, do whatever. Not so fast. The spam is really unbareable, and the abuse you get in return sometimes, is just ..."wow".

"<snip>, u noob #¤"! Y u not in guild? "#¤!"" <insert more cursin'> after i told the guy to stop spamming me (got invites like 3 times or so from the same guy).

It's annoying really. If i wanted a guild, i'd list me up in the new LFG (G=guild) thing. I'd say it's spam.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_(electronic)

Any thoughts?

edit: removed link to the addon. Script should be fine towards forum's TOS.
#12 - Aug. 17, 2011, 12:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thank you for removing the script and reporting it to our hacks team Rainantien. :)

I am glad to see that you have found the ability to block invites and please do continue to report spammers to us using the "report spam" ability. :)