21/04 Realms & Free Character Moves

#0 - April 21, 2010, 8:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Previous thread: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=13179498451

New Player Realms
Normal/PvE: Mazrigos
PvP: Spinebreaker

Free Character Moves (FCM)
The free Character Moves below are available until the end of April 27th. To use a free Character Move, please login to your Account Management and select Character Move, or click on the following link:
https://www.wow-europe.com/character/character-move.html

Please note: FCMs are opened based on realm population tracking and analysis and not by request. If you're looking for a specific Character Move (from realm A to realm B), you are in most cases better off using Paid Character Transfer, or you could end up waiting for a very long time.

For more information on FCMs, please check our Support FAQ:
http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=30558

PvE Realms

To: Vek'nilash

Alliance only:
To: Vek'nilash

PvP Realms

Alliance only:
From: Auchindoun, Burning Blade, Burning Legion, Frostmane, Grim Batol, Ravencrest, Sylvanas
To: Ahn'Qiraj, Al'Akir, Burning Steppes, Stormscale, Twisting Nether

To: Dentarg, Emeriss, Laughing Skull, Spinebreaker

Horde only:
From: Al'Akir, Drak'thul, Shattered Hand, Stormscale, Twilight's Hammer
To: Trollbane

PvP to PvE Realm Conversion FCM
The free Character Moves below are available until the end of May 18th:

To: Ahn'Qiraj, Deathwing, Vashj
For more information on this Realm Conversion, please check this link:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=13179988162

Paid Character Transfers (PCT)
All English realms follow the regular PCT rules, found here:
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/faq/paidcharactertransfer.html
#1 - April 21, 2010, 8:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Wasn't Mazrigos supposed to be the new player realm now we changed to pve? :o
#5 - April 22, 2010, 9:17 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
You mean May 20th, I assume?
April 27th actually. :3 Due to a technical crisis(!) I had to write the thread about four times and as such this date was overlooked in the fourth draft.
#10 - April 23, 2010, 2:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Quick question: Why did you guys decide to remove RP and RPPVP realms from the New Players list?
This isn't necessarily the reasoning behind it, but if they truly are new players to the game, then even choosing between a normal realm and a PVP one might already be a tough enough decision in itself, without that extra RP layer on top of that.

In general it is probably less overwhelming for a truly new player to learn the basic game mechanics first on a normal or PVP-flagged realm before moving on to take on the challenge of also becoming a quality role-playing contributor on the RP realms.

If they are not actually new to the game and simply want to become a part of the RP experience, then they are probably quite able to find the RP realms without us sticking a big fat sign on them.
#11 - April 23, 2010, 2:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I apologise about bringing this up, after the whole "analysis, not personal request" thing, but just how accurate is this "analysis"? Sorry if I seem rude, but has a single GM even looked at Balnazzar Alliance side?
Game Masters, no; but we have. Though it is quite possible we might have Alliance FCMs to Balnazzar in the future, for now we are concentrating on realms that need this kind of attention more urgently than Balnazzar currently does. This does not mean that we do not care and we will continue to keep an eye on Balnazzar as we do with all our realms.
#12 - April 23, 2010, 2:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I still would like to ask a FCT from Sha'tar Alliance to a lower populated ally realm. It is too populated at the moment, as Horde is 24/7 loosing Wintergrasp and has a harder time making raids.
It's not likely. The Sha'tar is not anywhere near high in population, nor is it seen to be very imbalanced. So it is very unlikely that any FCM will come from this realm anytime soon.
#24 - April 26, 2010, 2:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Wasn't Mazrigos supposed to be the new player realm now we changed to pve? :o
Check the original message, it says Mazrigos is the New Player realm (i.e. it was corrected last week.)
#65 - April 26, 2010, 5:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Golly; we add a clickable link to our breaking news and look what happens! It's only been a couple of hours, too... *gasp*
#95 - April 26, 2010, 8:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
=[ Wryxian stopped responding?
I'm not even at work right now, actually! Give me a chance. :-)

For clarity though, there's no guarantee that we will respond to anything posted in this thread -- especially the FCM requests, which seem to be from people who haven't read the original post clearly enough. We like to reply when we can, though. But with the recent influx of requests due to the clickable link in the breaking news that we added only a few hours ago, it's very unlikely we will be able to respond to most of the posts that have arrived in the last few hours.

Compare this thread to the other Realm & FCM threads from previous weeks, for instance. Very few questions or requests, and almost as many replies -- over the space of a whole week. In just the last few hours this thread has had more replies than threads like this have ever had, at least in the years I've been working here. ;-)

So yes, we will try and respond here and there, but it's simply not going to be possible if the current influx of questions continues. I'm already thinking we need to update the FAQ on our Support site, or add our own mini-FAQ here in this thread.
#142 - April 28, 2010, 3:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Closing this thread now as the new Realms & FCM thread will be appearing later today.