Armored Murloc Pet - Clone or Cousin?

#0 - April 20, 2010, 10:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The announcement for the 2010 Arena Tournament: "All participants in the tournament have a chance to earn the exclusive Armored Murloc in-game pet as well as the exclusive "Vanquisher" title, so get your team together and be ready for fierce competition. "

This is how they described Murkimus the Gladiator for the 2009 Tournament, and the title reward is also the same.

So, I was wondering. Does anyone know if there is going to be a relative of last years pet making an appearance (i.e. Murkulous the Challenger)? Or is Murkimus making a return?

Definite answers, as well as speculation, are very welcomed.
#20 - April 21, 2010, 1:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The pet and title are the same as for the 2009 tournament. The only difference is in the way loot codes are now applied to World of Warcraft licenses. Once the code is applied to an account, all characters on that license should receive the pet, including characters that have yet to be created.
#45 - April 21, 2010, 3:31 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I am really surprised they didn't do a new pet. There are going to be so many people (like me and the people i did it with last year) that won't sign up for the same pet. I'm not even going to come close to winning anything else, so no reason to dish out $20 this year.

Blizz missed the boat on this one. I think there are goign to be A LOT of people that don't do it again.

While it would be cool to provide a new pet, we're not necessarily trying to encourage as many people as possible to pay $20 and sign up for this tournament ultimately because they want a new pet. It's a nice perk to encourage people, but we don't want the Arena Tournament to be a more complicated version of the Pet Store. We want players who are serious about competing to sign up for the tournament, not just a reason to take in more money through offering a new vanity pet with each new tournament.