Roll Rescrictions

#0 - April 20, 2010, 6:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So i'm leveling a shaman, and of course doing alot of random dungeon runs.

But i heard blizzard but rescrictions on certain items a certain class can roll for (e.g. Mage can't need roll on plate/shield etc)

But i was in Shadowfang Keep on my Shaman and there was this Priest, huge ninja, need rolling on EVERYTHING, we asked why, he simply said "I need it to sell". So our group was pissed. We couldn't even kick him because we had to wait x amount of minutes :S

Then a shield dropped for my shaman, i really needed it. So of course i rolled need, so did he and he won. But why do these rescrictions apply sometimes but not others. I've experienced them occuring and not occuring, both in randoms.

I really don't understand this anymore.
#2 - April 20, 2010, 6:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The restriction on Need/Greed only applies on items that are above ilvl 70, I believe. Whilst this may be updated in the future once itemisation on lower level items is reviewed, it is how it is at the moment.
#7 - April 20, 2010, 7:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Just out of interest what was the reasoning behind doing this in the first place? do certain types of armor only become widely available after iLevel 70? like caster leather for example?
Basically. Some classes aren't too well itemised at lower levels, like boomkin druids or elemental shamans, but we're looking to make some revisions. :)