Badge gear with block value/block rating

#0 - Nov. 12, 2009, 12:19 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Blizzard, why do you put block value/block rating on a badge item. DK tanks get one less piece of badge gear available to them then EVERY OTHER CLASS every time you do this.

There are three tank classes that wear plate armor. Of the three, two of them can block, one can not. The tank stats are:

Defense Rating
Dodge Rating
Parry Rating
Block Value
Block Rating

(threat stats)
Hit
Expertise

Between defense, dodge, parry, hit, expertise, and bonus armor(which you apparently want to push in ICC), why can't you make a piece of armor that is fair for all 3 classes? Any combination of stats except block rating/block value would benefit DK's equally, and there is no other stat you can put on a piece of plate tank gear that would exclude a warrior or paladin.

I guess i'm just curious as to why this is going to happen again...
#3 - Nov. 12, 2009, 1:19 a.m.
Blizzard Post
If you are talking about a certain badge chest, there is no block on that item. It has bonus armor, expertise and defense.
#5 - Nov. 12, 2009, 1:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I think in this case it's actually a bug. We create some items by cloning old items and sometimes the old stuff doesn't get correctly removed.

We don't worry overly much about getting bug counts low before we make a PTR build or we'd never get PTR builds out. You're going to see a lot of accidental peeks behind the curtain whenever you participate on the PTR or read news generated from it.