Regional FlagUhh tree druids?? Does no one see the OP?Source
Mankirkswife
Target Source
#0 - 2010/04/17 11:47:46 PM
So I read the dev chat, came here, and I notice a distinct lack of QQ. Does no one else notice how overpowered this cooldown is compared to the other healers?

Q u o t e:
A. Restoration druids are actually getting a fair bit. For one, Tree of Life is getting a whole new model (think Ancients of War) and will also “morph” some of your spells to do crazy things while in the form, such as cause Regrowth to be instant, or Lifebloom to apply two applications at once. Tranquility will be raid-wide. We’re also touching nearly every Restoration druid spell to make sure each has a niche and feels good. In general, playing a Restoration druid should feel a lot different (better!) in Cataclysm than it does today.

Just wow. This is the strongest healing cooldown of any healer by far now. It MULTIPLIES mana use (trainquility 5 people => 25 people, lifebloom 1 stack =>2 stacks), it blows away cast time reductions (instant regrowth, 2 lifebloom stacks for 1 cast instead of 1 stack again). I can only imagine the overpowered ideas blizzard has for druids myriad of other spells.

Compare to other healers throughput healing cooldowns.

Paladin:

Avenging Wrath
8% of Base Mana
Instant cast 3 min cooldown
Increases all damage and healing caused by 20% for 20 sec. Cannot be used within 30 sec of being the target of Divine Shield, Divine Protection, or Hand of Protection, or of using Lay on Hands on oneself.

Lol paladins got stomped. 20%? Pssh nothing compared to a druid doubling his lifeblooms in one cast, tranquiliating 25 people instead of 5 people (500% increased healing!). And lol this causes forebearance so forget about trying to bubble sac or anything if you need to.

Priest:

Power Infusion
16% of Base Mana 30 yd range
Instant cast 2 min cooldown
Infuses the target with power, increasing spell casting speed by 20% and reducing the mana cost of all spells by 20%. Lasts 15 sec.

Lol priests got stomped. 20% again? Pssh druids are doubling the worth of their lifeblooms, saving 100% mana effectively on the second stack and at the same time having both go out together stomping the 20% cast speed increase! Instant regrowth stomps a 20% haste anyday.

Shaman:

Lol wut? Shamans don't have throughput cooldowns you silly bear. Bloodlust you say? LOL! Who needs shamans when you have a mage. And tree of life stomps bloodlust anyways.

I wish I had my healer transformed into a red toyata truck, I'd stomp tree transformed druids. But nobody else has such an amazing cooldown now so I'm a sad panda :(

Blue Poster
Target Source
#47 - 2010/04/19 08:38:31 PM
Q u o t e:
I think "Tranquility will be raid wide" is a different sentence completely unrelated to the Tree of Life stuff.

He meant this. Tranquility will always be raid wide, just because the concept of a "group" within the raid is kind of a strange one. What does that group refer to in the game? It's not distance for example. We'd like to do this with every spell.

As far as druids being too powerful because hots are too powerful in a world where they don't overheal as much, that is definitely on our radar. Hots can be good and the "druid thing" without druids spamming nothing but Rejuv ("Because if I cast anything but Rejuv, then I'm not a druid!").

Blue Poster
Target Source
#61 - 2010/04/20 12:44:09 AM
Q u o t e:
PoH has to be a tricky one to make raid-wide. If PoH became a smart raid-wide heal, then priests get a poor man's Chain Heal in addition to CoH/PoM, which might make priests trump all other healers for raid healing.

Right. I mentioned this in another thread today, but you have a few broad options: either PoH heals the 5 most injured folks (in which case it's a lot like Circle) or it heals the whole raid (in which case it's likely overpowered or not useful enough) or it has a longer cooldown to compensate for the previous (in which case it's a lot like Divine Hymn) or it heals the target and the 4 closest targets (in which case it's like old CoH).

It's a goal to get it to not be group only. It's just a tricky goal. At the very least it's not as bad as Tranquility since you don't have to decide what group the priest is in ahead of time. There are spells that still suffer that restriction, and we'd like to change them too if possible.