Low lvl pvp is pathetic, just plain pathetic.

#1 - Aug. 3, 2011, 6:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
When I played a lot of low lvl pvp 2 years ago I could never in my wildest dreams imagine a more unfair and unbalanced game as low lvl pvp was with twinks.

Today it is FAR worse.

At 10-14 level range it is in fact the one player who have the most Heirloom win. Or if it is a rogue, druid or hunter.

The Heirloom is only part of the problem though. The real problem is the damage compared to HP. It can never be ok when any player can kill anyone in 1sec...

I mean have you all tried it? People die in 1-2sec. Rogues will hit a normal geared lvl 10 with 25% damage from each normal melee swing.

I just have to say it again.

Low lvl pvp is pathetic. It is the only word I can find for it and I am very dissapointed on Blizzard for making it worse. They did in fact say that damage would be scaled down pre lvl 70 but in fact the dmage is hogher now than ever before.

To compare lvl lvl pvp with 85, it would be like having 10k hp at lvl 85 with the same damage and healing.

Why not just buff Health in low lvl battle grounds? 2k extra hp at lvl 10-14, 2.2k extra hp at lvl 15-19 etc. Or something like that.

EDIT: 13/08/2011
This topic has gotten a blue response:
<a href="http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2490769057?page=5#87">http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2490769057?page=5#87</a>
We are not deaf to the concerns raised about low-level PvP. We feel it needs some attention too.

The Heirloom is only part of the problem though.
Yeah, we don't necessarily feel that it's all just "a heirloom issue," but more to do with time investments reaping rewards that give too great an advantage.

While we do agree that low-level PvP isn't in an ideal state and has needed further consideration, our focus has remained where the players are: max-level PvP.

We don't intend to throw oil on the flame by such a comment and this doesn't mean we're completely ignorant of niche playstyles, just that we focus our efforts on where it'll have the greatest effect.

What's the answer? We do hear the feedback. When we have looked at the issue, it has simply just seemed too difficult – too tricky – to resolve in a way that we're happy with.

We currently believe resolving it will require much time and effort. But we acknowledge things aren't as great for low-level PvP as they could be and we do have a desire to pay attention to it.

EDIT 13/08/2011: Anyway I think this Blue answer is just what I needed to hear.

They just don't care about this, they will say that they do over and over but just ignore it year after year while the game actualy get worse.

If they just had the balls to say so, dammit just say it "we don't care about anything except 3v3 arena and raids". Just say it!

EDIT 31/01/2012: As of today, nothing have happened. Not a thing...
Forum Avatar
Community
#87 - Aug. 12, 2011, 10:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We are not deaf to the concerns raised about low-level PvP. We feel it needs some attention too.

03/08/2011 19:11Posted by Pogh
The Heirloom is only part of the problem though.
Yeah, we don't necessarily feel that it's all just "a heirloom issue," but more to do with time investments reaping rewards that give too great an advantage.

While we do agree that low-level PvP isn't in an ideal state and has needed further consideration, our focus has remained where the players are: max-level PvP.

We don't intend to throw oil on the flame by such a comment and this doesn't mean we're completely ignorant of niche playstyles, just that we focus our efforts on where it'll have the greatest effect.

What's the answer? We do hear the feedback. When we have looked at the issue, it has simply just seemed too difficult – too tricky – to resolve in a way that we're happy with.

We currently believe resolving it will require much time and effort. But we acknowledge things aren't as great for low-level PvP as they could be and we do have a desire to pay attention to it.
Forum Avatar
Community
#116 - Aug. 12, 2011, 1:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/08/2011 13:57Posted by Quinthala
Although I'm happy there's a blue response I can't believe that you actually say that because it's difficult it's better to do nothing.
That's a misinterpretation. We are quite prepared to attend to difficult issues, and we are doing exactly that for max-level PvP, as that's where the player focus is.

We are aware of the issues in the low-levels and we do want to address them.
Forum Avatar
Community
#119 - Aug. 12, 2011, 1:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/08/2011 15:27Posted by Kyrith
I don't mean to twist your words and I understand that the cynical assumption I'm about to make is probably not what you meant - But can we please just clarify that this has very little to do with 'niche playstyles'.
Your demeanor is appreciated. That particular choice of words is meant to be a description of a group of people and a playing style not representative of the majority of the PvP playerbase, which reside in the max level.