Mislooted a 26th Eternal Ember

#1 - Aug. 11, 2011, 10:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Our warlock got his 25th Ember and then was accidentally master looted a 26th. Both the ML and the Warlock opened tickets saying that it was not supposed to go to him. The response from GMs was that they cannot under any circumstance fix this situation due to "the developers just decided to create a blanket policy regarding the components". He then told me to post here to let the developers know my thoughts so here they are:

I worked in a managerial position at a major electronics retailer for 5 years. We had a set return policy outlined all over the store and on the back of every receipt. So obviously we followed that policy to the letter for every situation that ever came up, right? Of course not - we used common sense to make exceptions to the policy all the time. So why is our Warlock stuck with a 26th Ember rotting in his bag? Are we trying to scam him out of making a 2nd legendary? To have a blanket policy that you're never allowed to change is a pretty poor business model - the world isn't black and white and your policy shouldn't be either.
#1 - Aug. 11, 2011, 10:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Our warlock got his 25th Ember and then was accidentally master looted a 26th. Both the ML and the Warlock opened tickets saying that it was not supposed to go to him. The response from GMs was that they cannot under any circumstance fix this situation due to "the developers just decided to create a blanket policy regarding the components". He then told me to post here to let the developers know my thoughts so here they are:

I worked in a managerial position at a major electronics retailer for 5 years. We had a set return policy outlined all over the store and on the back of every receipt. So obviously we followed that policy to the letter for every situation that ever came up, right? Of course not - we used common sense to make exceptions to the policy all the time. So why is our Warlock stuck with a 26th Ember rotting in his bag? Are we trying to scam him out of making a 2nd legendary? To have a blanket policy that you're never allowed to change is a pretty poor business model - the world isn't black and white and your policy shouldn't be either.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#25 - Aug. 12, 2011, 2:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
08/11/2011 05:23 PMPosted by Bearforce
LOL I guess so. Funny that the GM told me to post in General
The thread was more than likely moved here because this is a popular request, Bearforce.

I'm afraid that those of us who post here are not developer liaisons and will not be able to push your feedback to them. As stated in our support article and as the game master explained, this item is related to the legendary quest line, and our developers have requested that game masters do not interfere with such distributions regardless of the reason.

Also, keep in mind that item redistribution has NEVER been guaranteed.

Eternal Embers Assistance
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/39972

If you still wish to provide constructive feedback, you will need to make a new post in the General Discussion forum. The Discussion forum is read daily by those who can forward this type of player feedback.

Constructive feedback contains:

• Why does this policy upset you?
  • How does this currently affect you in the game?
  • What change would you like to see in the future?
  • Do other players agree with you?

Thing that are non-constructive:
  • GG blizz
  • I want my item!
  • This is <insert not so nice words in here>
  • I just cancelled my account because....

While the above is not an exact guideline on how to provide feedback, I hope it helps.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#25 - Aug. 12, 2011, 2:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
08/11/2011 05:23 PMPosted by Bearforce
LOL I guess so. Funny that the GM told me to post in General
The thread was more than likely moved here because this is a popular request, Bearforce.

I'm afraid that those of us who post here are not developer liaisons and will not be able to push your feedback to them. As stated in our support article and as the game master explained, this item is related to the legendary quest line, and our developers have requested that game masters do not interfere with such distributions regardless of the reason.

Also, keep in mind that item redistribution has NEVER been guaranteed.

Eternal Embers Assistance
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/39972

If you still wish to provide constructive feedback, you will need to make a new post in the General Discussion forum. The Discussion forum is read daily by those who can forward this type of player feedback.

Constructive feedback contains:

• Why does this policy upset you?
  • How does this currently affect you in the game?
  • What change would you like to see in the future?
  • Do other players agree with you?

Thing that are non-constructive:
  • GG blizz
  • I want my item!
  • This is <insert not so nice words in here>
  • I just cancelled my account because....

While the above is not an exact guideline on how to provide feedback, I hope it helps.