Acquiring Chaos Orbs

#1 - Aug. 9, 2011, 5:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Is the only way to acquire chaos orbs by finishing heroic dungeons? What if I don't want to run 5 dungeons, and thats assuming that everyone will pass so I can get the orb, so I am able to craft an item I need/want!!
Can one purchase from a VP/JP vendor, I know the are BoP, but that would make things easier for crafters since that way we do not need to run dungeons if we do not want to and PvP only, or play with the Market, or other stuff.
Yes question, Is Dungeons Heroic modes the only current way to get them? Has anyone read anywhere if they plan to JP sell them (as BoP)?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#21 - Aug. 9, 2011, 5:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
When I first his max-level tailoring, I started and finished every heroic with an offer to pay 100g to anyone who passed on the orb, should I win the roll. I put that offer in a macro, and mentioned that if you don't desperately need orbs, a guaranteed 100g is better than a 1/5th chance of winning.

I was buried in orbs after a couple of weeks.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#55 - Aug. 9, 2011, 6:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
When I first his max-level tailoring, I started and finished every heroic with an offer to pay 100g to anyone who passed on the orb, should I win the roll. I put that offer in a macro, and mentioned that if you don't desperately need orbs, a guaranteed 100g is better than a 1/5th chance of winning.

I was buried in orbs after a couple of weeks.

Of course since you can't transfer gold across servers this idea doesn't work if you use the dungeon finder.

Agreed. I'm only talking about running heroics with guildies and friends on the same realm.