GC, care to clarify these two statments?

#0 - April 12, 2010, 9:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
"... We want the dps to likewise be thinking about ways to minimize damage on themselves, not because they'll die in a global (i.e. before they could respond anyway) but because the healers are going to risk running out of mana."

"... A defensive dps spec just doesn't work really well in WoW."

So are you saying that you want DPS to be more aware of the damage they're taking, and based on that damage, do what they can to minimize it, moreso than they are now?

Paladins provide a large amount of really great tools that can be used by a raid to redirect/eliminate damage on one or multiple targets.

I'll happily say that Paladins have the best raid defense abilities than any other class while not in a healing spec.

Can you clarify what exactly your goal is for healing, raid damage, and how much of a role the DPS is going to be expected to play in it? Are you taking some Paladin defenses away, and giving other classes similar abilities?
#19 - April 13, 2010, 5:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There is a difference between dps specs have some defensive cooldowns and / or some passive survival talents or spells when compared to a dps spec that is designed inherently to have strong defenses but fair offenses.

The latter works fine as a tank. :)
#25 - April 14, 2010, 1:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Yeah, I agree, that wording was hard to parse.

Okay: having defensive cooldowns and / or some passive survival talents or spells.

Okay: a defensive spec (e.g. Prot) that is supposed to do its job by playing defensively.

Not cool: an offensive spec (e.g. Ret) that is supposed to do its job by playing defensively.

In before "GC called Ret offensive."