Friends Account Stolen

#1 - Aug. 3, 2011, 4:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi,

One of my friends quit wow about 5-6 months ago, but we still talk in vent about every day. A few days ago i was questing on this guy when i noticed his shaman logged online.

I tried to send him messages a few times but was ignored, i figured he was just in one of his moods and blew it off. The next day i asked him if he got his account back and he said no, so we found out he account was stolen.

My friend changed his password and checked his email, and his account got banned for 72 hours for using exploitative hacks or something like that.

He armory his guy that i seen online and i guess they were doing dungeon quests and making like 5000 gold a day somehow.

How did his account get stolen if he hasn't even thought about playing wow for like 5 months or so. Also why was the person running dungeons and doing dungeon quests on a stolen account? Lastly, what the hell was they doing to make so much gold per day?
#1 - Aug. 3, 2011, 4:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi,

One of my friends quit wow about 5-6 months ago, but we still talk in vent about every day. A few days ago i was questing on this guy when i noticed his shaman logged online.

I tried to send him messages a few times but was ignored, i figured he was just in one of his moods and blew it off. The next day i asked him if he got his account back and he said no, so we found out he account was stolen.

My friend changed his password and checked his email, and his account got banned for 72 hours for using exploitative hacks or something like that.

He armory his guy that i seen online and i guess they were doing dungeon quests and making like 5000 gold a day somehow.

How did his account get stolen if he hasn't even thought about playing wow for like 5 months or so. Also why was the person running dungeons and doing dungeon quests on a stolen account? Lastly, what the hell was they doing to make so much gold per day?
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#5 - Aug. 3, 2011, 5:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Would you be able to provide me the character name and realm of your friend's character, Arahkar? After I am able to review the account I can advise you how your friend should proceed from here.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#5 - Aug. 3, 2011, 5:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Would you be able to provide me the character name and realm of your friend's character, Arahkar? After I am able to review the account I can advise you how your friend should proceed from here.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#13 - Aug. 3, 2011, 9:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/03/2011 10:42 AMPosted by Arahkar
I don't remember all his characters names, just the one i spotted with realid. His name is Xaamis on Icecrown, a level 85 shaman.

I know it has been a couple of hours since you commented, Arahkar, but has your friend recovered access to the Battle.net account yet?

To be on the safe side he may wish to scan his computer looking for any malicious software. He should also consider updating the email address on the Battle.net account to something completely new, which may alleviate phishing emails.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#13 - Aug. 3, 2011, 9:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/03/2011 10:42 AMPosted by Arahkar
I don't remember all his characters names, just the one i spotted with realid. His name is Xaamis on Icecrown, a level 85 shaman.

I know it has been a couple of hours since you commented, Arahkar, but has your friend recovered access to the Battle.net account yet?

To be on the safe side he may wish to scan his computer looking for any malicious software. He should also consider updating the email address on the Battle.net account to something completely new, which may alleviate phishing emails.