I predict druids will be the OP class in Cata

#0 - March 8, 2010, 7:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I just want to go on record here. So far I'm two for two in terms of expansions. Before TBC came out, I predicted warlocks would be the god class, and they were for a good portion of it. The lore behind the The Burning Crusade seemed to favor warlocks.

This wasn't too much of surprise though, considering locks were OP towards the end of vanilla WoW anyway.

Then for WotLK, I predicted paladins and of course DKs would be uber. Both were deeply and intimately woven into the lore of the story and DKs were the new hero class. So, no surprises there.

And so, looking ahead to Cataclysm, it seems druids are poised to be the god class, and possibly shaman. Looks like these two classes, particularly druids with their connection to the dragon aspects, will be stepping up big time in the story.

We'll see, but I think the next god class will be the druid.
#29 - March 8, 2010, 8:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I just want to go on record here. So far I'm two for two in terms of expansions. Before TBC came out, I predicted warlocks would be the god class, and they were for a good portion of it. The lore behind the The Burning Crusade seemed to favor warlocks.

This wasn't too much of surprise though, considering locks were OP towards the end of vanilla WoW anyway.

Then for WotLK, I predicted paladins and of course DKs would be uber. Both were deeply and intimately woven into the lore of the story and DKs were the new hero class. So, no surprises there.

And so, looking ahead to Cataclysm, it seems druids are poised to be the god class, and possibly shaman. Looks like these two classes, particularly druids with their connection to the dragon aspects, will be stepping up big time in the story.

We'll see, but I think the next god class will be the druid.

Interesting, especially given we've not provided any of our class previews yet. Are you using the same methods the madman sniper utilized to determine Navin R. Johnson was his target?