Dear Blizzard; The DC issue.

#1 - July 28, 2011, 11:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm what you might call a "forum lurker". I come here to read up on issues and find fixes for problems I'm having with the game. It takes a great deal of frustration for me to actually POST something though, and I've reached that point.

This "DC Issue" is getting retarded. For every person that bothers to post about it, I would be willing to bet there are 10 or 20 more who don't. Yet of those that do, we all seem to be having the EXACT SAME ISSUE. I am running this game in our home on three different computers; each one has been experiencing the random DC crap (sometimes after huge lag spikes) since the last patch.

Blizzard.... what in the hell does it take for you to at least acknowledge that there is a problem?? We have all dumped a LOT of money into this game, and this is NOT a problem any sane company would just ignore. If I read one more post where the poster is led around in circles by some blue telling them to make sure that their firmware is upgraded and to delete some folders, I think I might puke. I've read countless such posts, all full of the same suggestions, none of which seem to solve the problem for any of those experiencing it.

So throw me and anybody else who has reached this level of frustration a bone here; is there a problem or not? Or do you prefer to continue to blame it on user-end issues that don't exist? Should I just call it quits now and go play Rift or something? At least have the decency to let us know if you guys are working on this or at least aware that the problem is on your end or in the software before we just all take our money elsewhere.

Thank you for your time.
#1 - July 28, 2011, 11:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm what you might call a "forum lurker". I come here to read up on issues and find fixes for problems I'm having with the game. It takes a great deal of frustration for me to actually POST something though, and I've reached that point.

This "DC Issue" is getting retarded. For every person that bothers to post about it, I would be willing to bet there are 10 or 20 more who don't. Yet of those that do, we all seem to be having the EXACT SAME ISSUE. I am running this game in our home on three different computers; each one has been experiencing the random DC crap (sometimes after huge lag spikes) since the last patch.

Blizzard.... what in the hell does it take for you to at least acknowledge that there is a problem?? We have all dumped a LOT of money into this game, and this is NOT a problem any sane company would just ignore. If I read one more post where the poster is led around in circles by some blue telling them to make sure that their firmware is upgraded and to delete some folders, I think I might puke. I've read countless such posts, all full of the same suggestions, none of which seem to solve the problem for any of those experiencing it.

So throw me and anybody else who has reached this level of frustration a bone here; is there a problem or not? Or do you prefer to continue to blame it on user-end issues that don't exist? Should I just call it quits now and go play Rift or something? At least have the decency to let us know if you guys are working on this or at least aware that the problem is on your end or in the software before we just all take our money elsewhere.

Thank you for your time.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#19 - Aug. 1, 2011, 12:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Juniorcain,

We have 11.4 million active subscribers. Disconnecting from the game is one of the top issues reported in the Tech Support forum. Does this mean that the game or the servers are the cause of this? No, it does not. Continuing the auto mechanic analogy, they see many of the same issues day in and day out that bring people into their shop. Does this mean that the car manufacturer built a defect into those cars? Again, the answer is no.

The reason you see more people posting for help with disconnection issues right after a patch is because many people come back to the game to check out the patch, so there is a swell of active players. In addition, people's addons get outdated, ISP's experience hiccups and temporary outages, routers go bad, DNS caches get corrupted, modems pushed to the edge of their capabilities finally get overloaded, compromisers are still compromising, people are microwaving pocketed food too close to their wireless signal, and on and on.

When a true issue arises with the game code or server stability, they tend to reveal themselves fairly swiftly and we work quick and hard to get them fixed. We also do not hesitate to announce these issues when we determine that the source lies on our end. For example, there are currently several stickies in the Tech Support forum detailing the known issues that are currently going on.

Threads like these, however, emit more heat than light, and as Kinpin noted, there is not an ounce of useful diagnostic information in here. Unfortunately, that makes this thread useless for any type of information-gathering or pattern-recognition.

For general connection troubleshooting, please refer to the relevant support pages:

Are you frequently getting disconnected from the game?
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=21010

Are you having problems connecting to the game?
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=21014

Happy Hunting

Contact a live Support Rep directly - http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html
Please feel free to rate my services: https://www.surveymk.com/s/DXF96P2
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#19 - Aug. 1, 2011, 12:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Juniorcain,

We have 11.4 million active subscribers. Disconnecting from the game is one of the top issues reported in the Tech Support forum. Does this mean that the game or the servers are the cause of this? No, it does not. Continuing the auto mechanic analogy, they see many of the same issues day in and day out that bring people into their shop. Does this mean that the car manufacturer built a defect into those cars? Again, the answer is no.

The reason you see more people posting for help with disconnection issues right after a patch is because many people come back to the game to check out the patch, so there is a swell of active players. In addition, people's addons get outdated, ISP's experience hiccups and temporary outages, routers go bad, DNS caches get corrupted, modems pushed to the edge of their capabilities finally get overloaded, compromisers are still compromising, people are microwaving pocketed food too close to their wireless signal, and on and on.

When a true issue arises with the game code or server stability, they tend to reveal themselves fairly swiftly and we work quick and hard to get them fixed. We also do not hesitate to announce these issues when we determine that the source lies on our end. For example, there are currently several stickies in the Tech Support forum detailing the known issues that are currently going on.

Threads like these, however, emit more heat than light, and as Kinpin noted, there is not an ounce of useful diagnostic information in here. Unfortunately, that makes this thread useless for any type of information-gathering or pattern-recognition.

For general connection troubleshooting, please refer to the relevant support pages:

Are you frequently getting disconnected from the game?
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=21010

Are you having problems connecting to the game?
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=21014

Happy Hunting

Contact a live Support Rep directly - http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html
Please feel free to rate my services: https://www.surveymk.com/s/DXF96P2