April fools armory joke is 2 far imo

#0 - April 2, 2010, 7:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
First up the aforementioned is my own personal option and does not reflect the opinion of my guild or anyone associated with me (although I might add a lot of people I associate with fully agree). I believe you do care how we feel and this is why I have come here to post because I know like me you too are people sitting behind computer screens who use this wonderful thing called World of Warcraft to derive a pleasurable experience. Sadly a part of that experience is being ruined by a bunch of bad apples called Ninjas.

Now I'm all for a good laugh and usually love your April Fools jokes but this year you have gone beyond what I believe to be funny and made a mockery of your own customer service and spat in the face of your customers. What am I referring to you ask?: Check your Armor people

"Ninjaed [Lana'thel's Bloody Nail]. (Vendored)"

Ninjaing (at least on my server), is a HUGE HUGE ISSUE! So many people are routinely stealing from others and it is a problem that feels unaddressed by the whole community. When people report the issue we are never able to speak to GM's because our petitions are always answered 2-3 days later via in game mail. We are unable to find any closure with our issues because you are 'unable to notify us' of the outcome of your investigation. To add further insult to injury when precautionay measures are taken (as stated at the base of my post) and people are stolen from, and the incident is reported, GM's are still (at least in my particular experience) unable to do anything about it.

To lightheartedly joke about this topic for April Fools is really low and non amusing. Members of your player base are taking all available steps to avoid having items stolen from them yet they are still victims of Ninjaing. Just to play devils advocate for anyone who might think funny to try to troll my post here is, imho, the steps you can take to avoid ninjaing

1: Make sure prior to the run <Leader> is in a guild (Guildless people are a give away)
2: Make sure the guild your raid leader is in is not a known 'ninja guild'
3: Ensure that loot rules are stated clearly and concisely for everyone to see in raid chat/raid warning. i.e. MS > OS rolls
4: Double check that there are no reserved items or special exception to the loot rules stated.

Now there is one more step you can follow but Blizzard openly do not want this to happen so I ask what more could one do? I am lucky enough to be in a good raiding guild but Step 5 would just destroy the game for the casual player base. Blizzard openly want us to joing PuG's take the LFG/LFraid tool as an example, tool I'd like to add I think are fantastic :D

5: Never ever go to a PuG run with a raid leader you do not know

So I say to you... what the? huh?
#61 - April 2, 2010, 8:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Forgive my ignorance, and I'm sure this is going to sprout some big debate of which I'm unaware and has certainly been occurring for millennium, but how would someone ninja an item in this day and age? If you're not playing with people you trust, set master looter. If you don't trust the master looter, start your own run.

Unless loot distribution is fully automated (which would cause much worse issues) there's always going to be some need to trust or rely on someone else. Which, in a cooperative based game isn't such a ridiculous thing I don't think.

Also the thread was moved because you have an issue with a joke on the website, the customer service team did not write or post the joke. I'm sure if you have an item restoration/transfer issue though they'd be happy to help.

For this, you're stuck with me, wondering where I am and how this game works.
#115 - April 2, 2010, 9:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
cheers bra! what you up to these days? I don't post that much on the forums anymore and haven't really seen you around

Ah, cool.

Hey what's this button do... ban history!? Oh these tools are ... HO-HO! You've been a naughty one.

What's this other button do?