Stealing Guild banks and transferring is "OK"

#1 - July 22, 2011, 7:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So have been trying to save a guild that my priest is currently in after the Guild master and his 2 right hand men decided it was time for a change and took over 200k and every item from the guild and and transferred servers. So after i opened a ticket to blizzard i got this response.

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting the World of Warcraft Game Master Department. I apologize that I was not able to catch you while you were online.

Unfortunately, after extensive review of your guild's reported losses, we were unable to determine that theft occurred. It was determined that the characters removing the goods were within acceptable withdrawal amounts.

While we will make every effort to verify and restore your loss, the decision to go forward with a restoration is entirely at Blizzard's discretion. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have been caused.

For further information please check our Restoration Policy located at (http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/20457)

Should you require further assistance, choose the ''Need more help'' option if you are viewing this in game or the "I still have a problem" option if you are on the My Support Site.

Thank you for your patience while we worked to address the matter.

So this tells me that the guild bank system is broken and the Guild leads everywhere and Rage quit and steal everything in the guild bank and be just fine. Even though if you look and the second line of this article posted by blizzard.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=20459&pageNumber=1&searchQuery=guild+bank+theft

clearly states, "Removing goods from a guild's bank with malicious intent" which if someone and their friend decided to just up and transfer due to their own personal reason they should leave the items in the bank or and i just way off base here?
#1 - July 22, 2011, 7:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So have been trying to save a guild that my priest is currently in after the Guild master and his 2 right hand men decided it was time for a change and took over 200k and every item from the guild and and transferred servers. So after i opened a ticket to blizzard i got this response.

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting the World of Warcraft Game Master Department. I apologize that I was not able to catch you while you were online.

Unfortunately, after extensive review of your guild's reported losses, we were unable to determine that theft occurred. It was determined that the characters removing the goods were within acceptable withdrawal amounts.

While we will make every effort to verify and restore your loss, the decision to go forward with a restoration is entirely at Blizzard's discretion. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have been caused.

For further information please check our Restoration Policy located at (http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/20457)

Should you require further assistance, choose the ''Need more help'' option if you are viewing this in game or the "I still have a problem" option if you are on the My Support Site.

Thank you for your patience while we worked to address the matter.

So this tells me that the guild bank system is broken and the Guild leads everywhere and Rage quit and steal everything in the guild bank and be just fine. Even though if you look and the second line of this article posted by blizzard.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=20459&pageNumber=1&searchQuery=guild+bank+theft

clearly states, "Removing goods from a guild's bank with malicious intent" which if someone and their friend decided to just up and transfer due to their own personal reason they should leave the items in the bank or and i just way off base here?
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#39 - July 22, 2011, 8:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
To clear up any confusion in regards to guild ownership and items within a guild bank, these belong to the guild master. As we have mentioned in the past though, we know and understand the value of a guild. For that reason, anyone who is found to disband a guild and take everything in the bank with malicious intent will be actioned.

07/22/2011 12:02 PMPosted by Tërëk
the Guild master and his 2 right hand men decided it was time for a change and took over 200k and every item from the guild and and transferred servers.
A very thorough investigation goes into these reports, Tërëk. While I am unable to provide you with exact details, our Gm's put a lot of hard work into verifying what the intent of the disband was and the value of the items that were removed.

In your case, this was not found to be a scam. If you have reason to believe that this was not looked at closely, feel free to e-mail wowgmfeedback-us@blizzard.com.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#39 - July 22, 2011, 8:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
To clear up any confusion in regards to guild ownership and items within a guild bank, these belong to the guild master. As we have mentioned in the past though, we know and understand the value of a guild. For that reason, anyone who is found to disband a guild and take everything in the bank with malicious intent will be actioned.

07/22/2011 12:02 PMPosted by Tërëk
the Guild master and his 2 right hand men decided it was time for a change and took over 200k and every item from the guild and and transferred servers.
A very thorough investigation goes into these reports, Tërëk. While I am unable to provide you with exact details, our Gm's put a lot of hard work into verifying what the intent of the disband was and the value of the items that were removed.

In your case, this was not found to be a scam. If you have reason to believe that this was not looked at closely, feel free to e-mail wowgmfeedback-us@blizzard.com.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#51 - July 22, 2011, 10:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
07/22/2011 03:40 PMPosted by Legendaîry
this is why the guild system in WoW is considered to be among the worst in the MMO genre.
You're entitled to your own opinion, Legendaîry. It certainly doesn't mean that others agree.

Feedback is always welcome though. :)
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#51 - July 22, 2011, 10:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
07/22/2011 03:40 PMPosted by Legendaîry
this is why the guild system in WoW is considered to be among the worst in the MMO genre.
You're entitled to your own opinion, Legendaîry. It certainly doesn't mean that others agree.

Feedback is always welcome though. :)