RBG queue issues

#1 - July 12, 2011, 1:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
What was changed from last season to this one? When we ran with a 2600+ rated team last season, we didn't always get paired up with someone close to us but the queues were always acceptable (5 mins).

Last night, I queued up with my team ~ 2400 team rating and we didn't get a queue for 45 mins. Requeued every 15 mins. Everyone logged out in between each one (fixed bugged queues last season). And couldn't get one to pop.

Jumped on our alts ~ 1500 rating and everything was < 5 mins. I mean, I'd rather play people around our MMA (or whatever it's called now), than roll on lower teams... but I want to play and have fun as well. It's going to be a longgggg season if higher rated RBGs are going to be like higher rated 5's queues.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#157 - July 18, 2011, 10:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey all,

We are aware of the issue regarding extended queue times affecting Rated Battlegrounds. We’re currently investigating the situation and working to resolve it as soon as possible, but there isn’t an ETA for when this process will be complete. We'll provide further updates as the situation develops and we thank you for your patience in the meantime.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#181 - July 19, 2011, 9:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
A hotfix has been applied with today's maintenance that should resolve the Rated Battleground matchmaking delays. It appears that this issue resulted from bottleneck that could occur if a team at the front of the queue was particularly difficult to match, which slowed down matchmaking across the board.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#189 - July 20, 2011, 12:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
UPDATE: This hotfix has been applied.

-----------

Those who are still seeing longer queue times might be experiencing a different issue. We're currently investigating a situation where teams with a large spread in their group's ratings may have a harder time finding an appropriate match.

While those teams are no longer creating a bottleneck at this point, queues may still be lengthy for them. We're planning to resolve that with an upcoming hotfix.