Loatheb - Greater Shadow Protection Potions

#0 - Sept. 3, 2006, 9:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Did the developers at Blizzard honestly consider the mats it takes to make these potions while designing an encounter like Loatheb that DEPENDS on these kind of potions?
I find myself spending up to 5 hours every week just running in and out of Scarlet Monastery to get those 4 Fadeleaf AND 4 Grave Moss that is required for ONE potion..

All the other Greater Protection Potions requires something that is ALOT easier to get..

Elemental Water, Elemental Fire, Elemental Earth, Dream Dust..

I would rather even use Essences of Undeath on these potions instead of Shadow Oil. 4 Fadeleaf and Grave Moss is alot no matter how you look at it.

(Oh, and for those thinking that you don't need these potions.. log on your server, join a guild, raid, get to Loatheb in Naxx and try him, then post again.)
#87 - Sept. 19, 2006, 2:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
There's nothing to learn about the encounter. Get the pots together, make sure everyone knows what to do, collect epics.

Hmm? :) Did I misunderstand the whole concept of learning?

OT: There are several ways you could cut down on the time spent farming. Learning the encounter first so you don't wipe and waste the pots would be the first. And as someone already said, you don't need 3 pots each.

All in all, it is a pretty unique fight that requires other things from the raid than a "normal" boss would. It would after all be fairly boring if every boss worked the same way.