Has my account been hacked?

#1 - July 11, 2011, 7:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post

I just received an email stating that I have changed my email Adress to log in to the game when I DID NOT change my email adress. I clicked the link within the email and answered the security question. Should have I gotten an email confriming that my email adress did not change because it wasn't very clear.....but it did say "success!" so I'm assuming that it worked. Does this mean that my account has been hacked? I was scared to death seriously. Any blues, please respond
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#27 - July 11, 2011, 10:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Heya Galaire,
07/11/2011 12:59 PMPosted by Galaire
I just received an email stating that I have changed my email Adress to log in to the game when I DID NOT change my email adress. I clicked the link within the email and answered the security question. Should have I gotten an email confriming that my email adress did not change because it wasn't very clear.....but it did say "success!" so I'm assuming that it worked. Does this mean that my account has been hacked? I was scared to death seriously. Any blues, please respond
Unfortunately, this may have been a phishing attempt and to secure your account you will need to change any information you provided such as, password, email, and security question.

You may need to call our Account services to change the security question here:

~~~Account Services~~~

Assists with: billing issues, password recovery, paid services, subscriptions, payment issues, account management, etc

~~Hours: 7 AM to 8 PM Pacific Time~~

How to contact:

It is important that you also scan your PC just in case the site has a keylogger, you can follow these steps here:

If you are ever unsure about an email please check the email headers, here is some information on that: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/25133