Extremely Weird Question, Possibly Dumb

#1 - July 9, 2011, 3:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
To put it bluntly, I was wondering if I could petition a GM to de-level my character from 75 to 74? So I can participate in the 70-74 BG bracket.

#1 - July 9, 2011, 3:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
To put it bluntly, I was wondering if I could petition a GM to de-level my character from 75 to 74? So I can participate in the 70-74 BG bracket.

Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#12 - July 9, 2011, 4:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Your question is not extremely weird, nor is it dumb, Lemarcus. But to answer your question, no, our Game Masters do not de-level a character for reasons like this.

07/09/2011 08:31 AMPosted by Myrddran

Sell all your gear... ALL OF IT and then report your account stolen

Say you were 74 before then and BOOM! You are 74 now... though it will take them like 3 days to give your gear back.

I would highly advise against what Myrddran stated here. These are things we are able to verify. And while you may be able to get your items back, you will still remain at level 75. To add, defrauding a Game Master does violate the Game Master Interaction Policy:

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/21503

Defrauding or Attempting to Defraud a GM

Whenever possible, we try to give players the benefit of the doubt in questionable situations. We hope players do not attempt to take advantage of this trust, and provide their full cooperation. However, if we later find that an attempt was made to defraud a GM, the offending player may have action taken against them. Attempts to defraud a GM include, but are not limited to, misdirecting a GM's attention, withholding information, providing false information, and any attempt to "trick" a GM.

Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#12 - July 9, 2011, 4:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Your question is not extremely weird, nor is it dumb, Lemarcus. But to answer your question, no, our Game Masters do not de-level a character for reasons like this.

07/09/2011 08:31 AMPosted by Myrddran

Sell all your gear... ALL OF IT and then report your account stolen

Say you were 74 before then and BOOM! You are 74 now... though it will take them like 3 days to give your gear back.

I would highly advise against what Myrddran stated here. These are things we are able to verify. And while you may be able to get your items back, you will still remain at level 75. To add, defrauding a Game Master does violate the Game Master Interaction Policy:

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/21503

Defrauding or Attempting to Defraud a GM

Whenever possible, we try to give players the benefit of the doubt in questionable situations. We hope players do not attempt to take advantage of this trust, and provide their full cooperation. However, if we later find that an attempt was made to defraud a GM, the offending player may have action taken against them. Attempts to defraud a GM include, but are not limited to, misdirecting a GM's attention, withholding information, providing false information, and any attempt to "trick" a GM.