- Put in BoA Item(s)
- Click send
- Logoff
- Login to your Character uve send the mail to
- Run to mailbox
- Get the BoA Item(s)
- Equip them
= WIN

At the current state the description "Bind-on-Account" is not only misleading it is simply wrong. If wow is programmed in a modular way i think it would be trivial to apply the system they already use for transfering items via FCM or PCM.

*Discuss*

#9 - March 18, 2010, 1:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
At the current state the description "Bind-on-Account" is not only misleading it is simply wrong.
Whilst this is open for debate (we don't necessarily agree with you, by the way ;) ) we're working on having a system where BoA items can be mailed/transferred from Realm to Realm so long as the sending and receiving characters are on the same account.
#27 - March 18, 2010, 2:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
And how about different accounts linked to the same battle.net account? I assume that'll be taken into account?
It's being taken into account, sure. This kind of feature requires a load of infrastructure work, in the same way the cross server BoA mailing by itself would.
Q u o t e:
Any timeframe on this at all? Or rather, should we expect it before or after Cataclysm?
No time frame, I'm afraid. Like with anything, plans can change and priorities reshuffled and it's entirely possible (however unlikely) that this never will come to fruition. Standard caveat to cover various behinds etc. :)
#39 - March 18, 2010, 2:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Your reply is irritating somehow because the code implementation to allow items beeing transfered from one realm to another is already done and in use as part of character transfers. Its just the interface that doesnt exist right now and thats a minor factor.
This isn't quite accurate. The character transfer system operates in an entirely different way to how one would implement Cross Realm mailing of BoA items.
#42 - March 18, 2010, 2:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Basically it means that an item is restricted to be traded within the account. But that is the only!! restriction. It doesn't say bind on account but also bound to 1 realm.

The only restriction is account.
Then I ask you to mail a character on another realm the next BoE you find. :]