4.2 almost cleared in 2weeks? Expected?

#1 - July 7, 2011, 5:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
My question is to anyone, but mainly Blizzard in general. Anyhow this will now be a open discussion regarding anyone thoughts on how 4.2 has been holding up to high end guilds.

As of right now: 10:44am 7/7/2011 2 guilds in the World, Paragon and Method have cleared all the Regular content within 1 day, over 50% of the heroic encounters (5/7), and raiding has only been accessible for heroic encounters about 2days or so. And seeing as EU has a different downtime I'd say a day and half at most.

Anyhow...was 4.2 designed to be quick like this? I'm speaking on behalf of a hardcore raider, not some " casual " or whatever you wanna call it normal mode guild. It's only been 2 weeks only 2 days into week two and your content is being killed so fast.

Theres two options the last two bosses will be like " wall Bosses " like SWP's guildbreaker boss M'uru, or overtuned like HM LK. Anyhow...will the rumored WoA be out sooner then we think, as Firelands seems to be falling over extremely FAST. Or will it be like T11, we're sitting with the same content for 7 and a half months. (Possibly one of the many reasons the 600k sub drop is what it is.)

Anyhow...atleast T11 Heroics stood a chance, we didin't see HM Nef/Ala'kirs for atleast 3+weeks. Given that the xpac launched and what not, still the time difference is there.

So the question comes once again Blizzard, did you expect FL to be cleared so fast, given the time we had to wait, I personally expected something better then 7bosses to roll my face over. EVEN ON Heroic mode yes.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#28 - July 7, 2011, 8:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
07/07/2011 10:51 AMPosted by Moohots
Anyhow...was 4.2 designed to be quick like this?

I am endlessly intrigued to find players judging the difficulty of the encounters and how long lived the content is by how pro players, some of the most skilled and focused players in the world, engage the content. It's a little like judging the difficulty of juggling eight chainsaws by what the best jugglers in the world can accomplish. Sure, it might be easy for them, but when was the last time you tried it? (Do not attempt to juggle eight chainsaws. Do not attempt to juggle any chainsaws. Unless you are a juggler. A professional chainsaw juggler. A really, really good professional chainsaw juggler who does not fear chainsaw manglings.)

The content wasn't designed to be 'quick'. It was designed to be epic, engaging, challenging and fun. It can accomplish those goals without being punishing.

It is kind of remarkable how fun and engaging the content can be when we start judging content by what we accomplish and experience ourselves, rather than the posts we read on the forums or the headlines of a fansite.