Your First Experience of WoW

#0 - March 18, 2010, 9:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So guys, what was your first experience of world of warcraft like?

When i first joined, i made a dwarf hunter =], met alot of great people who have later on become really good friends ingame and in life. Met 2 other dwarfs and we decided to go questing together, we called ourselves the dwarf brothers =], i remember one time when we tried to kill a level 18 elite at level 14. Fun times =]. Back then wow was a totaly new aspect of gaming to me. But now its like raid raid raid!
#13 - March 18, 2010, 4:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Nice thread this :-)

I remember that after seeing the cinematic intro for the first time and right away knowing that my first character would have to be a Dwarf with a gun and bear. After the cinematic was over, I immediately clicked the Dwarf button and then picked the Hunter class.

Once the Dwarf introduction animation was done, I felt ready to get started exploring and conquering the world. I also remember being completely taken by the atmosphere and the subtle background music, which I found quite wonderful... I am still very fond of the Dwarf starter area today :-)

I also remember being slightly frustrated that I couldn't figure out how to use my gun in the beginning. I found out after a couple of minutes though, and then I was blasting away Troggs left and right :-D
#52 - March 19, 2010, 2:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So guys, what was your first experience of world of warcraft like?
I have been avoiding sharing my experiences since I wanted to avoid looking all fanboyish, but to be honest, it's not fanboyism that gave me the awesome experiences I had, it was simply wonderment at what Blizzard had created.

WoW was the first major MMO I got my hands on. First of all I created a Dwarf Paladin, and was just completely taken by the scenery, the music, the ambience and the visuals. I opened the map before I had even moved an inch and saw how vast the lands were, and wondered what it was like in other areas, but quickly jumped into action and explored Dun Morogh. I died a lot, but was just so enthusiastic to explore and see what else was here for me to find. I eventually reached around level 8 and wasn't so happy with the class I had picked, so I rerolled a human warrior.

Elwynn Forest took my breath away, and approaching the Stormwind gates to be hailed by a large and fantastic fanfare of music almost knocked me off my chair. It really did send shivers down my spine for many months. I saw this character all the way to 60. The poor guy remains level 62 now in Honor Hold, retired and happy. :)

What happened next is another story for another thread.

Great thread, OP. :)