Lil. Deathwing

Forum Avatar
#1 - July 1, 2011, 3:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I just purchased cataclysm collectors edition, and both my accounts are already upgraded to cataclysm.

I'd like to redeem my lil deathwing pet, but am told i need to use my CE key to "overwrite" my regular cata key.

Will I be able to "retrieve" my old key? A blue said I may be able to here http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1622904289#new-post

Has anyone confirmed if this is possible?

I'd like to redeem my pet without losing a cataclysm upgrade I was planning on giving my brother.

Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#10 - July 1, 2011, 7:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
To my knowledge, here on North American realms, there is no way to recover a key that is already used when an upgrade is applied over it.

That post is from EU. They do sometimes have slightly different policies than we do. While you would be welcome to call OUR Billing department to double check, unless something has changed very recently I'm not aware of - the answer will be once a key is used, it's burned and no longer available for use.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#14 - July 1, 2011, 9:55 a.m.
Blizzard Post
07/01/2011 02:51 AMPosted by Bysen
Just want to add/ask this. Are the Oceanic realms considered US realms? Because i have a LK collector's with the same situation that I've just never gotten aroudn to using... or selling, w/e I end up doing with it =D

Oceanic realms are in the North American region, yes. They are also located here physically.

The only real difference is the time zones the realms are set to.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#35 - July 1, 2011, 8:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
07/01/2011 12:46 AMPosted by Msi
It seems EU has the right idea.
There seems to be a bit of confusion as to what the request is, Msi.

To be clear, you are asking:
06/30/2011 08:27 PMPosted by Msi
Will I be able to "retrieve" my old key?
The answer is NO. Once a key is used there is no way to recover, retrieve or reuse a key.

The same thing was stated by Nephadne.
although bear in mind this Key will be different to the one you originally input onto your account, and that Key will be permanently deactivated

06/30/2011 08:27 PMPosted by Msi
A blue said I may be able to here http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1622904289#new-post
No, the representative asked that the player contact our billing and account services team in hopes that they would replace the key, not retrieve it.

The answer provided above was more in regards to "retrieving the old key" and not in regards to a replacement key, though she did state that you were more than welcome to call.

07/01/2011 09:11 AMPosted by Fõrsaken
blizzard really needs to get better customer service.
If approved, these type of requests are generally done as a courtesy.

07/01/2011 09:34 AMPosted by Fõrsaken
it still does not change the fact that blizzard likes to double dip on a couple of things
If you read both threads carefully, the same answer was provided. In fact, the EU poster did not ask to get a replacement. The EU rep simply provided information to a common question.

If it's still not clear yet, the answer is the sooner you call, the sooner our Billing and Account services team can look into your request. Again, there is no guarantee that a replacement key will be provided.