Q: How to kill a holy pally?

#0 - July 2, 2007, 9:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok, here goes.

My priest buddy in 2v2 arena team is getting pissed at me (tbh, he is mostly pissed that he rolled a priest). He is getting pissed because I cannot for the love of whoever kill a flash heal spamming pally faster than... well... he runs out of mana. Which often is a matter of... well - it doesn't happen.

So. Whenever we meet a pally/warrior team, I give the pally a smack to see what he is made of. When I see my Deep Thunder hits him for 370 and that his hp meter - hardly - moved, I get this warm and cozy feeling - "Yes! A well geared holy pally!".

Now, having met quite a few of those (did 10 games this season, so no smart remarks on arena rating please), nowadays, I just go for the warrior, hoping that LoS will help us against pally heals.

AAAAAaaaaanyway. This was not what this thread was about. I have a simple question, and I really really would like answers to it, be it bad or good, so that I can relay this info to my "why don't you just pummel" - friend.

So. Is there any secret trick to bring down a well geared holy pally doing NOTHING but trying to stay alive (ie spamming his flashheal - regardless of my laughable 4 secon pummel) before he is out of mana?

I am fully aware of the "stun sequence" pummel->fear->intercept->pummel which can keep a pally from not healing for a while. However, there is no point engaging in that sequence (wasting fear) unless the pally is low enough on health. And this is the whole point of my post really: A well geared holly pally spamming his flash heal will NEVER go low on hp. Even with perfectly landed pummels.

So. Tell me, is there a secret?
#72 - July 5, 2007, 12:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I really enjoyed reading this great discussion, it's nice to see some good ideas that are often overlooked being discussed.

I like the idea of the Priest trying to keep his Warrior within 40yards, the enemy Warrior at more than 25 yards (the range of intercept) and the enemy Paladin at less than 30 yards for some Mana burns. Unfortunately priests don't appear to have a 25 yard range spell, only 30 or 40 for holy and discipline spells, which makes it a little trickier I guess.