Starter accounts accessing wowarmory.com AH?

#1 - June 29, 2011, 4:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Starter/trial accounts no longer expire.

Starter accounts can search the new (battle.net) Armory's Auction House.

Starter accounts cannot search the old (wowarmory.com) Armory's Auction House. One receives the error: code="10007" message="This account does not have any characters who are eligible to use the Auction House."

Any chance you could enable wowarmory.com AH searches for starter accounts? It would save me $150/month. If you don't want to touch wowarmory.com, me and my wallet will weep quietly.

Thank you kindly. :)
Forum Avatar
Web & Mobile Team
#2 - June 29, 2011, 4:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
No.
Forum Avatar
Web & Mobile Team
#5 - June 29, 2011, 5:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We are really pushing to have the old wowarmory.com website deprecated and ready to be decommissioned. The only attention paid to that code base involves security updates. Truth be told, as soon as the character, guild and arena team APIs are made public, we'll be announcing a several week window in which the old wowarmory.com website will be taken down.
Forum Avatar
Web & Mobile Team
#8 - June 29, 2011, 5:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
06/29/2011 10:36 AMPosted by Ujournal
That's understood. wowarmory.com is unsupported code and I wouldn't expect many changes there. Just that, with it being undocumented and going away soon anyway, I thought the paid account check could be commented out or whatever, to bring it in line with the official version. Plus, if it would save me a couple hundred bucks, it couldn't hurt to ask. ;)

Although it most likely won't be part of the next API release, what we are close to finishing is hourly AH data dumps per realm. The idea is that we will provide a small compressed data dump (a few megs in size) of all of the auctions for a given realm. The only information we can practically provide is current auctions, not sold/completed/incomplete/revoked/etc auctions.