Possible unauthorized PCT

#1 - June 18, 2011, 12:44 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Anyone else ever had this happen? I got approval over the phone and through writing for a free character transfer and realm change, (I was hacked some time ago, got bk to find my lvl 80 night elf priest on nagrand a level 84 blood elf priest with a different name on Arthas, It's been too long to retrieve) then when it didn't happen I followed up and they basically gave me some generic reply about accounts and then upon a further attempt they said they'd refuse to answer tickets again.

This after i spent maybe $40 in phone calls from my mobile (don't have a land line) to America getting my account password changed so I could access it...

Surely it costs blizzard $0 to do these things... There's no way I'll pay the $55 to get it transferred again (I dislike horde, and PVP servers, not to mention the name), I was always super careful with my details, never gave them out and had a difficult password with letters and numbers... Not only that but i proved without a doubt the account was mine, had all the original cd keys, details etc...

Anywho, details are below, can anyone suggest a way I can get them to review this again, particularly because they said yes, then no...

If i didn't know any better I'd say this is just blizzard trying to get more money out of me, the fact that they haven't stopped me from transferring my characters, just that they won't do it for free is just unfortunate
CHeers,

Hello,

My name is Stephanie, and I'm the representative who assisted you today! Just as a recap we talked about the issues with your character following the compromise. I have moved him back to the original realm, and have flagged him for a faction change at no cost to resolve this issue.

Please allow an hour before logging into the character for the Faction Change to process. When you login you will see a pop-up window giving you the option to change faction.

You should have the option to click on 'Not Resolved' if you need more help. If everything has been fixed for you, feel free to close out this help ticket!

Happy gaming! ^_^

Hey how's it goin,

coming up on 3 hours now (logged in about 2 hours after your email) and I just logged and noticed the account seems to be the same as it was (Uolo (formerly Ketamine, my main) is still on the Arthas server, not oceanic Nagrand and there is no prompt about faction), I forgot to mention that the paladin on the Arthas server seems to be in the process of being transferred somewhere (possibly from nagrand) so was a bit worried that it might have messed things up.

Cheers again for all the help!

Thank you for taking the time to contact us in regard to the World of Warcraft account you are using.

We understand your concern regarding the current location of the character listed above.

Though we are committed to providing the best customer service possible, we regret to inform you that we will be unable to reverse the character transfer in question as we were unable to verify the reported abuse. This determination stands whether or not the transfer was authorized by the registered owner of the account.

Please take a moment to review the World of Warcraft Terms of Use (http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html). You are responsible for ensuring that your login information is kept confidential. Additionally, you may not share your account with anyone except one minor of whom you are a parent or guardian and you will be responsible for all uses of your password, whether or not authorized by you.

As we are all avid players of the World of Warcraft, we appreciate how much belonging to a certain realm can mean to our players and apologize for any inconvenience this character transfer issue may have caused you. For future reference, you may wish to review the most commonly asked questions about character transfers at http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/20558.

Please remember that the security of the account you are using is crucial. We recommend following the http://us.battle.net/security/checklist on our Account Security site at http://us.battle.net/security/.

We apologize that we were unable to assist you further. Feel free to contact us should you require assistance with another matter.

Regards,

Game Master Agshekeloh

You guys just told me you could reverse it, over phone and in the earlier email?

How can you change your mind like that, that's ridiculous, it's quite clear that it wasn't me playing, i spent about $30 calling you (from a mobile) guys to resolve this and now you're going back on this?

That's insane... Did you now decide that I have shared the details with someone at some stage? I've never in my life shared them, the person that's been playing my account has clearly hacked it, the fact that he screwed up my names, faction, realm, not to mention my talents and build should be proof enough.

It's not to do with belonging to a certain realm, it's to do with my account being hacked, all the details being changed, the faction being changed, the realm changed, the area has gone from oceanic (i'm australian) to the US..

How did you come to this decision? It doesn't cost you anything to move me over, if i stop playing it does cost you money... what is going on... I'm confused... Can i speak to the lady I spoke to on the phone, Stephanie, I get the feeling you aren't filled in on the details?

Thanks...

Thank you for taking the time to contact us in regard to the World of Warcraft account you are using.

Original Realm: Nagrand
Original Character Name:

We understand your concern regarding the current location of the character listed above.

Though we are committed to providing the best customer service possible, we regret to inform you that we will be unable to reverse the character transfer in question as we were unable to verify the reported abuse. This determination stands whether or not the transfer was authorized by the registered owner of the account.

As this issue has been reviewed by multiple representatives, it is now considered closed. Should you have any questions regarding a different account or issue, please feel free to contact us again. However, further inquiries regarding this issue will no longer receive a reply.

Regards,

Account Administration
Blizzard Entertainment
#1 - June 18, 2011, 12:44 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Anyone else ever had this happen? I got approval over the phone and through writing for a free character transfer and realm change, (I was hacked some time ago, got bk to find my lvl 80 night elf priest on nagrand a level 84 blood elf priest with a different name on Arthas, It's been too long to retrieve) then when it didn't happen I followed up and they basically gave me some generic reply about accounts and then upon a further attempt they said they'd refuse to answer tickets again.

This after i spent maybe $40 in phone calls from my mobile (don't have a land line) to America getting my account password changed so I could access it...

Surely it costs blizzard $0 to do these things... There's no way I'll pay the $55 to get it transferred again (I dislike horde, and PVP servers, not to mention the name), I was always super careful with my details, never gave them out and had a difficult password with letters and numbers... Not only that but i proved without a doubt the account was mine, had all the original cd keys, details etc...

Anywho, details are below, can anyone suggest a way I can get them to review this again, particularly because they said yes, then no...

If i didn't know any better I'd say this is just blizzard trying to get more money out of me, the fact that they haven't stopped me from transferring my characters, just that they won't do it for free is just unfortunate
CHeers,

Hello,

My name is Stephanie, and I'm the representative who assisted you today! Just as a recap we talked about the issues with your character following the compromise. I have moved him back to the original realm, and have flagged him for a faction change at no cost to resolve this issue.

Please allow an hour before logging into the character for the Faction Change to process. When you login you will see a pop-up window giving you the option to change faction.

You should have the option to click on 'Not Resolved' if you need more help. If everything has been fixed for you, feel free to close out this help ticket!

Happy gaming! ^_^

Hey how's it goin,

coming up on 3 hours now (logged in about 2 hours after your email) and I just logged and noticed the account seems to be the same as it was (Uolo (formerly Ketamine, my main) is still on the Arthas server, not oceanic Nagrand and there is no prompt about faction), I forgot to mention that the paladin on the Arthas server seems to be in the process of being transferred somewhere (possibly from nagrand) so was a bit worried that it might have messed things up.

Cheers again for all the help!

Please take a moment to review the World of Warcraft Terms of Use (http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html). You are responsible for ensuring that your login information is kept confidential. Additionally, you may not share your account with anyone except one minor of whom you are a parent or guardian and you will be responsible for all uses of your password, whether or not authorized by you.

As we are all avid players of the World of Warcraft, we appreciate how much belonging to a certain realm can mean to our players and apologize for any inconvenience this character transfer issue may have caused you. For future reference, you may wish to review the most commonly asked questions about character transfers at http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/20558.

Please remember that the security of the account you are using is crucial. We recommend following the http://us.battle.net/security/checklist on our Account Security site at http://us.battle.net/security/.

We apologize that we were unable to assist you further. Feel free to contact us should you require assistance with another matter.

Regards,

Game Master Agshekeloh

You guys just told me you could reverse it, over phone and in the earlier email?

How can you change your mind like that, that's ridiculous, it's quite clear that it wasn't me playing, i spent about $30 calling you (from a mobile) guys to resolve this and now you're going back on this?

That's insane... Did you now decide that I have shared the details with someone at some stage? I've never in my life shared them, the person that's been playing my account has clearly hacked it, the fact that he screwed up my names, faction, realm, not to mention my talents and build should be proof enough.

It's not to do with belonging to a certain realm, it's to do with my account being hacked, all the details being changed, the faction being changed, the realm changed, the area has gone from oceanic (i'm australian) to the US..

How did you come to this decision? It doesn't cost you anything to move me over, if i stop playing it does cost you money... what is going on... I'm confused... Can i speak to the lady I spoke to on the phone, Stephanie, I get the feeling you aren't filled in on the details?

Thanks...

Original Realm: Nagrand
Original Character Name:

As this issue has been reviewed by multiple representatives, it is now considered closed. Should you have any questions regarding a different account or issue, please feel free to contact us again. However, further inquiries regarding this issue will no longer receive a reply.

Regards,

Account Administration
Blizzard Entertainment
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#14 - June 18, 2011, 1:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
06/17/2011 05:44 PMPosted by Uolo
If i didn't know any better I'd say this is just blizzard trying to get more money out of me
Though I cannot promise you a transfer or faction change, Uolo, let me take a look and see if there is anything else that can be done.

Keep in mind that if the account had no evidence of a compromise, we may not be able to assist.

Again, I will further look into this.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#14 - June 18, 2011, 1:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
06/17/2011 05:44 PMPosted by Uolo
If i didn't know any better I'd say this is just blizzard trying to get more money out of me
Though I cannot promise you a transfer or faction change, Uolo, let me take a look and see if there is anything else that can be done.

Keep in mind that if the account had no evidence of a compromise, we may not be able to assist.

Again, I will further look into this.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#18 - June 18, 2011, 3:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
06/17/2011 07:07 PMPosted by Uolo
Excellent, thankyou for the help!
This is currently under review, Uolo.

You will get an e-mail regarding the final stance on this issue.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#18 - June 18, 2011, 3:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
06/17/2011 07:07 PMPosted by Uolo
Excellent, thankyou for the help!
This is currently under review, Uolo.

You will get an e-mail regarding the final stance on this issue.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#109 - June 18, 2011, 6:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As they say, there are two sides to one coin. In this case, our side showed no signs of compromise.

I appreciate and thank you all of you for keeping this thread constructive, but it's about time we wrap this one up.

Please refrain from opening new threads regarding this issue.