A full Guide to TBC shaman.

#0 - May 16, 2007, 8:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I hope this topic would be useful to all new shamans which are entering the Outland and needs to gear up for a raiding guild.

There is a complete guide for each talent specialization, with the best gear you can find before entering a 25 man raid!

Also please I will keep updating this thread with all your suggestion as I am new to shaman, let's do a complete new-to-shaman guide for our mates! :o

Please refrain from trolling and non-constructive posts.

Elements be with you!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guide to Enhancement gear and talents.

• A) Enhancement shaman needs to strenghten two or three stats on his gear, to be well prepared for a raid, you can put out a huge dps and completely buff the melee party of your 25 man raid, as sustainer, a guild will love to have one enhancement - talent oriented shaman.

• A1) Pump your Strenght and Attack Power!

As well as the most used weapon buff is Winfury Weapon, because it scales with your gear, it means that the more geared you are, more damage you will do!

A2) Don't forget the agi and + hit

Suggestion From AJ - Nihilum:

Hit>Crit>AP
    With enhance-nuke you need 18%to hit from items to be safe, 14% is resonable. With enhance-resto you need 15% to be safe.

B) What weapons? slow? fast? medium? axe? dagger? maces? 2HAND BIG CRIT?

As you can read in a lot of experts enhancement shaman threads it really depends on you, because:

B1) With SLOW / SLOW weapons (speed around 2.00 - 2.50) You will maximize your damage output to the limit, doing a very huge DPS in your raid, even topping damage meters in the first four positions.

B2) With FAST/FAST weapons you will NOT do so huge DPS, so it's better go for slow weapons.

Later I will give you a link to the best weapons.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• You may ask, WEHR I SHOUL PUT MY TALENT KK?

• Let's start with some links!

[b]1) THE DPS MACHINE (ELE - ENHANCEMENT)

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=uE0zxZxV0dEMsVuqo

This build turns you in a pure dps class, you cannot go back and offheal, less cooldown on shocks means you will have less GAP between attacks / shocks and less chance to loose the stormstrike debuff due to other sources of nature damage.

You will have no range on your totems so be ware to be near the melee classes such as rogue - fury warriors - feral druids under the boss dpsing, so it's very important you start feeling like a fury war with totems.

Also 1 sec less delay on your shocks runs your mana out pretty fast so I advice you to bring some mana pots with you.

• Why clearcasting?

• It's important to have clearcasting with this build, because most of the time with raid-party buffs you will have a fair crit chance, and it will help you to be some mana efficent.

• Imrpoved weapon totems? Anticipation?

• In some occasions, it will be called a NUKE on your teamspeak, so put down your windfury totem, as you will be in a melee party and let the fireworks begin!

A fury warrior as well as combat rogue will kneel before your totem, so better have it improved :)

Anticipation

Most of the times you will be in melee range of monsters that have a cleave ability, such as toughness doesn't provide you a lot of armor mitigation to survive, better play on hazard and try to dodge, also your gift of air will give you a lot more of dodge percent.

Huge DPS, absolutely no Heals.

2) ENHANCEMENT WITH SOME HEART (ENH - RESTO)

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=GZxV0dA0sVuqoE0cu0h

This build allows you to be more versatile in a raid situation, you can sometimes get back and offheal when for example a paladin / priest in your party needs to regen mana, also with those talents you have the benefit of the nature guidance chance to hit.

• Remember!

• You are still a melee dps class! so don't try to be main healer with this build o_O

but now feel free to throw some heals around your melee party when for example rogues, you or warriors, have been striked from a cleave.

Nice DPS, Weak Heals.

3) PVP BUILD (Nature Swiftness Enhancement - Resto)

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=GZxirdV0sVzqZE0cu0ho

I strongly recommend you this build if you are a solo player, and PEW PEW pvp all day long!

Why?

Because of Nature Swiftness + Grounding totem delay.

• This talent specialization allows you to use a Macro when you Health gets low and gain up to 2500 HP without loosing your target!

• /cast Nature Swiftness
    /stopcasting
    /cast Healing Wave

You are more self-oriented as you can easily understand without Shamanistic Rage you can't regen your mana when doing istances or raids, so better keep this talent build for your glory days in Battlegrounds!

Fat 2 Hander recommended, Cloth Targets priority!

Grounding totem less cooldown.

Yeah nice 2 seconds cooldown are a lot in a versus caster encounter!

Spam it every time it resets.

Good DPS, Nice Heals.

GUIDE TO ENHANCEMENT GEAR:

As I mentioned you need to pump your strenght, attack power and agility so let's do a gear list from HEAD TO FEET!

• 1) Head

• Before you hit 70.

Mok'Nathal Beast-Mask

Binds when picked up
    Head Mail
    463 Armor
    +23 Agility
    +22 Stamina
    +15 Intellect
    Red Socket
    Red Socket
    Yellow Socket
    Socket Bonus: 2 mana per 5 sec.
    Durability 70 / 70
    Requires Level 65
    Equip: Increases attack power by 44.

Dropped By: Exarch Maladaar Last boss of Auchenai Crypts

Then you hit 70:

Helm of Desolation

Binds when picked up
    Head Mail
    530 Armor
    +21 Stamina
    +25 Intellect
    Yellow Socket
    Meta Socket
    Socket Bonus: +4 Hit Rating
    Durability 70 / 70
    Requires Level 70
    Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 14 (0.6%@70).
    Equip: Increases attack power by 66.

Dropped by: Aeonus last boss in caverns of time.

If you are a pvper I recommend you:

Grand Marshal's Linked Helm

Binds when picked up
    Head Mail
    530 Armor
    +20 Strength
    +30 Stamina
    Meta Socket
    Red Socket
    Socket Bonus: +2 Resilience Rating
    Durability 70 / 70
    Classes: Shaman
    Requires Level 70
    Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 24 (1.1%@70).
    Equip: Improves your resilience rating by 24 (0.6%@70).

As 1 strenght gives you 2 Attack power it's good to have it, similiar to the desolation helm, more critical strike, less intellect. (Not For PvE)

• 2) Neck:

• Before you hit 70:

Natasha's Choker:
    Equip: Improves hit rating by 10.
    Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 15.
    Equip: Increases attack power by 50.

Quest reward from The Hound-Master (Blade's Edge Mountains)

Then you hit 70:

Traitor's Noose

Binds when picked up
    Neck
    +18 Stamina
    Requires Level 70
    Equip: Improves hit rating by 12 (0.8%@70).
    Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 18 (0.8%@70).
    Equip: Increases attack power by 38.

Dropped by: Mennu the Betrayer first boss in the slave pens (HEROIC MODE easy).

• 3) Shoulders:

• Before you hit 70:

Scorpid-Sting Mantle

Binds when picked up
    Shoulder Mail
    392 Armor
    +21 Agility
    +12 Stamina
    Red Socket
    Blue Socket
    Socket Bonus: +3 Intellect
    Durability 70 / 70
    Requires Level 62
    Equip: Increases attack power by 30.
    Equip: Restores 6 mana per 5 sec.

Dropped by: Quagmirran, last boss in the Slave Pens.

Then you hit 70:

Scorpid-Sting Mantle

Binds when picked up
    Shoulder Mail
    392 Armor
    +21 Agility
    +12 Stamina
    Red Socket
    Blue Socket
    Socket Bonus: +3 Intellect
    Durability 70 / 70
    Requires Level 62
    Equip: Restores 6 mana per 5 sec.

Dropped by: Commander Sarannis first boss in the Botanica.

• 4) Back:

• Cloak of Impulsiveness

Binds when picked up
    Back
    70 Armor
    +18 Agility
    +19 Stamina
    Requires Level 66
    Equip: Increases attack power by 40.

Dropped by: Lieutenant Drake first boss in Old Hillsbrad.

Back:

Before 70:

Nomad's Woven Cloak:
    +14 Strength
    +14 Agility
    +21 Stamina
    Equip: Improves hit rating by 13.

Quest reward from Bring Me The Egg! (Nagrand)

When you hit 70:

Cloak of the Inciter:
    +15 Stamina
    Requires Level 68
    Equip: Improves hit rating by 16.
    Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 18.

Drops from Blackheart the Inciter (shadow labs 2nd boss)
    #32 - May 21, 2007, 10:54 a.m.
    Blizzard Post
    Re-post with a different signature and I might not suspend you and I might sticky your useful guide.
    #57 - May 21, 2007, 3:01 p.m.
    Blizzard Post
    All "righteousness" aside I made a friendly request. Whether something was said or not, the signature is not "friendly" towards a colleague, whether they work here still or not, and it's simply not appreciated.

Want to discuss justice? > IRLawyer.com.