Please fix vanish

#0 - Sept. 18, 2006, 12:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok as Niar took the " IS IT TOO !@!#ING MUCH TO ASK FOR??!" option and we got this reply from the forum admin.

Q u o t e:
Is it too much to ask for to not use caps and profanitys when asking a question? Bigger chance of an answer that way.

So im going to put it nicely, maybe then we will get reply - I would please like to know when you plan to fix vanish?

No profanity, no caps so it would be kind if we got a responce :)

Regards,
Swift.
#9 - Sept. 22, 2006, 10:18 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The developers tell us that they are looking into this issue. However, in the case of spells, it is usually because on the server side it has not yet registered that the player has vanished so it will still allow the spell to go through.
#49 - Sept. 23, 2006, 10:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
nothing but pure luck, my server got new hardware and the same Vanish problem remains..
The server also had migration a while ago, and is no labled Low populated, so it can't be overloaded either :>
In fact, 20 minutes ago, vanished failed on me! I was like "phew, atleast the smoke puffs looks cool" :D

And I would like to quote the best In-game GM I've been across!

Q u o t e:
Vanish can be resisted

<-- When I sent a ticket about Vanish being broken.. I've sent a lot of Vanish ticket, but that reply pwns all.. I've gotten a lot of replies :>

This is indeed also true, that vanish can be resisted.

The problem with Vanish not removing Hunter's Mark could also be a synchronisation issue, but we are looking into this as well. I don't have an ETA, but we'll let you know when we have updates.
#84 - Sept. 25, 2006, 4:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Sorry, but you just lost all credibility with the rogue community.
I'd ask for another CM, but I haven't had faith in rogue CM's on either side for the Atlantic for a year and a half now. Still waiting on that day we get one worth listening to.

I'm not trying to put you down, I'm just dissappointed.

By being resisted, Ommra meant that depending on mob level and your position, Vanish is not a 100% reliable life-saver, as I'm sure you all have noticed.

As for the topic itself, the behaviour of Vanish is something we currently are looking into.

Edit: I need to learn2quote properly.
#91 - Sept. 26, 2006, 9:22 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Your not supposed to look into vanish, that is the whole bug , you should not be able to see it.

Oh I see we have been trying to solve this the wrong way, I guess that would explain the delay.

(Yeah yeah I know you will flame me for this and I shouldn't joke about it, but I just couldn't hold it in any longer)