Seeing as I missed Ask the Dev's 10

#1 - June 9, 2011, 4:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I guess I can post a legitimate series of questions here in hopes of a Blizzard Representative reading hunter forums.

Change to the Hunter talent Careful Aim, and its repercussions to Beast Mastery and Survival:

In 4.2 the talent Careful Aim will now be raised to 90% from 80% for Target Health, decreasing the amount of time your Steady Shot and Cobra Shot will have heightened critical strike chance. This talent is slightly justifiable in that, as Marksmanship this talent was a high DPS choice. It was also a high DPS choice for Survival and Beast Mastery, however both of these specializations were behind Marksmanship. How do you plan to offset the DPS loss for Beast Mastery and Survival? Other than 40% to Black Arrow(and not trying to be rude but the change is a terrible bandaid fix that will hardly effect Survival's performance).

Also there are 2 Mastery changes going through for Hunters:

A change to Beast Mastery, lowering the damage done by pets per point from 1.7% to 1.67%(Initial damage boost staying at 20%). Currently as Beast Mastery, mastery rating is valued fairly low. How do you think this will effect the performance of Beast Mastery?

A change to Marksmanship, lowering the initial chance for an extra shot 26% to 25% and increasing the chance per point from 1.8% to 2.1%. How do you think this will effect the performance of Marksmanship over the other two trees?

Currently Black Arrow is about 6% of overall damage, a 40% buff would boost to the spell to roughly 8% of overall. Using this parse http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kz7mggv3rxy9cks9/details/1/?s=8607&e=8743 The spell was only about 85,000 more damage.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#8 - June 9, 2011, 10:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
06/09/2011 10:29 AMPosted by Mendia
Both are active in the states I listed on the PTR

It's a tooltip update, most likely.

You are correct. The hunter mastery changes were tooltip corrections. Damage has not changed.