The truth about rogues in arena

#0 - July 6, 2007, 1:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I love playing rogues, i like being stealthy and whearing black. I like pwning mages with almost no health.

But in arena, some things arent "right"
so heres a summery of all the things I think arn't "working as intended" or arn't"Balenced"

1. the famous vanish bug. all know about.

2. pets running after you in stealth

3. bad scalling of finishing moves. my sin strike crits for almost the same as my evisc...

4. stealth... whats up with everyone seeing me?

5. certain classes getting out of our stuns, saps, blinds using trinkets or anti rogue abilitys.

6. imp gouge -> stealth, i loved that what happend to that.

7. Blind being able to miss, but costing 1g (on my server)

8.CloS not working while in fear or trap... (that would make life so much easier)

9.Lack of armor on leather.

10. resileance screwing up or "nukability"

11. rank 1 aoe's getting us out of stealth

i'm sure there are so much more things that could need improving. I dont think rogues are a nerfed class, they just need some working on. No class is perfect and everyone has an anti class. But at the moment every class is our anti class

PLS dont post your ideas on how to fix rogues. do that on the suggestion page. And imo, Blizz should fix rogues, not the rogue comunity. you break it you fix it...
#11 - July 6, 2007, 3:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I love playing rogues, i like being stealthy and whearing black. I like pwning mages with almost no health.

But in arena, some things arent "right"
so heres a summery of all the things I think arn't "working as intended" or arn't"Balenced"

1. the famous vanish bug. all know about.

2. pets running after you in stealth

3. bad scalling of finishing moves. my sin strike crits for almost the same as my evisc...

4. stealth... whats up with everyone seeing me?

5. certain classes getting out of our stuns, saps, blinds using trinkets or anti rogue abilitys.

6. imp gouge -> stealth, i loved that what happend to that.

7. Blind being able to miss, but costing 1g (on my server)

8.CloS not working while in fear or trap... (that would make life so much easier)

9.Lack of armor on leather.

10. resileance screwing up or "nukability"

i'm sure there are so much more things that could need improving. I dont think rogues are a nerfed class, they just need some working on. No class is perfect and everyone has an anti class. But at the moment every class is our anti class

I think that this little top ten sums up the things that have recently been posted on these forums pretty well.

Some of the things we have commented on before, especially in regards to Vanish. Vanish isn't bugged and it is in fact working as intended, however it is affected by latency, which is what people perceives as being bugged. There are currently no plans for changing the way that Vanish works, which I most certainly know that you don't want to hear. However that does not mean that the developers will dismiss these concerns, because if they find a proper way to address this issue, then such a solution will be implemented.

But in regards to Rogue performance in the Arenas in general, this is something that the developers are looking into. I do not have much more info on this available at this moment in time, but we will keep you informed as soon as we know more about the developers plans to improve the Rogue situation in Arenas.

Many of you have posted good ideas for ways to improve performance and the Rogue class in general, and I would just like to thank you all for that. Keep letting us know what you think, and please keep posting your suggestions :-)