Questions about Feral Tank in Cataclysm

#0 - Nov. 17, 2009, 10:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have a couple of question about what might happen to Feral Tank when Cataclysm come out.

During Blizzcon, we were told that Attack power is being removed from gear. Therefore Death knights, paladins and warriors will still gain 2 attack power per point of strength and nothing from agility. All druids, hunters, shamans and rogues will get 2 attack power per point of agility and no attack power from strength.

Well, as a Feral Tank, I sometime have to get gear that are high in Stamina and dodge but is fill with Strength and other useless stat.

The question is, does Feral Tank have to get gear that are for Feral DPS, and Rogue in order to get good Attack power?

If we have to roll against those DPS to get better gear, then we need some buff in the Stamina area.

for example i compare two very good cloak from TOGC.

Tanking:
Magni's Resolution
Heroic
Binds when picked up
Back
182 Armor
+97 Strength
+134 Stamina
Blue Socket: Socket Bonus: +6 Stamina
Requires Level 80
Item Level 272
Equip: Increases defense rating by 51 (10.37 @ L80).
Equip: Increases your dodge rating by 43 (1.09% @ L80).
Equip: Increases your parry rating by 51 (1.04% @ L80).

Vereesa's Dexterity
Heroic
Binds when picked up
Back
182 Armor
+97 Agility
+97 Stamina
Red Socket: Socket Bonus: +8 Attack Power
Requires Level 80
Item Level 272
Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 65 (1.42% @ L80).
Equip: Increases attack power by 114.
Equip: Increases your armor penetration rating by 57 (4.63% @ L80).

Between these two cloak that a Feral Tank can get, I would have choose Magni's Resolution for the Stamina and Dodge. But Cataclysm change that idea, even if Magni's Resolution have more Stamina, I can't deal more damage, which help my threat. The different between 127 Stamina to 170 Stamina is huge for a Feral Druid.
#14 - Nov. 18, 2009, 4:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We talked about druids in bear form also getting AP from strength. Strength won't appear on leather and no piece should have Str and Agi together, so it's not like they would really double dip. That lets us still have tanking necks, rings and cloaks with strength on them that are attractive to all 4 tanking classes.

Almost all the items in the game are going to have to change. In many cases this is just a sweeping pass we can make on all gear, such as replacing the Agi + AP on leather with just Agi. So don't worry too much about what happens with old gear and talents mixed with the new stat system. The gear and talents in many cases must change.