Isn't the new Hemorrhage out of focus?

#0 - Nov. 14, 2007, 11:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Maybe some of you are happy with the Hemo buff. But I personally don't like the results. I agree that the Subtlety build needed a buff, but not in this way.

I think the buff to Hemorrhage should be done with another focus in mind. Not buffing it's instant damage but it's benefits. Becasue now, we have a Subtlety build that surpasses in yellow damage the Sinister Strike build, with less energy cost and more survival.

Demonstration:

Combat Surprise Attacks build based on Sinister Strike:
    Weapon Damage = 250
    AGI = 500
    AP = 2000
    Aggression and Surprise Attacks = +16% on Sinister Strike

Sinister Strike Hit with 40 energy = ( 250 + ((2000/14)*2.4) + 98 ) * 1.16 = 801

Subtlety Hemorhage build with Deadliness and Sinister Calling
    Weapon Damage = 250+36 = 286
    AGI = 500 * 1.15 = 575
    AP = 2075 * 1.1 = 2283

Hemorrhage Hit with 35 energy = ( 286 + ((2283/14)*2.4) ) * 1.25 = 847
    Same on targets under 35% health = 982
    Same after Shadowstep with Master of Subtlety active = 1050

Conclusions:
Hemorrhage, with 5 less energy, in a build that also has a bit of survival talents and low cooldowns, does more instant damage than Combat Surprise Attacks.
Then you go to a Hemo/Combat build and, BUM!!, it also surpasses a Sinister Strike build in PvE. (I said 0/21/40 before but this is generating a lot of discuss, let's leave it as "Hemo/Combat build" ok?)

Very bad balancing IMO.

EDIT: After reading some childish answers:
  • NO I'm not saying Hemo is overpowered! No no and NO! Please read well.
  • NO I'm not a warlock. This is my main char.
  • YES I love rogues.
  • Who said something about nerf?? NOOO!! Don't nerf Hemo, just buff combat also! Or change the way Hemo works to be 80% Instant + stackable DoT.
  • NO I'm not trolling.
  • zOMG had to change the title to collect less trash forum trollers... This forum stinks!!
  • #77 - Nov. 15, 2007, 12:42 p.m.
    Blizzard Post
    Locked to end the flames.