Moonkin + roots vrs Shadowstep

#0 - Feb. 8, 2008, 1:54 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Basically i love moonkin it is imo pretty awesome its just that talents such as sublety are too high into resto to be easily taken without loosing other essential (imo) abilities. Seeing as all of a moonkins dots and hots can easily be dispelled and roots + cyclone without feral charge just isnt enough to lock down melee classes if they have a dispeller. But i still like it its just that....

atm I always see this from sub rogues. [ Talking arena here ]

' Cyclone fades from Gheyrogue' <----------------------------------- * Missed this out *
' Your Insect Swarm ticks for 212 nature damage ' <------------ * Also missed out this*
' Gheyrogue gains Cheat Death'
' your Starfire crits Gheyrogue for 42 arcane damage'
' Your moonfire crits Gehyrogue for 12 arcane damage'
' Gheyrogue gains clos '
' You are effected by Gouge ' <--------------------------------------- * FIXED! *
'Gheyrogue gains vanish'
' You are effected by Sap'
' Gheyrogue gains First Aid' etc...

Cheat Death currently reduces damage by 99% (being bugged/broken it should be removed imo untill it can be fixed :' [ ) and then if you do manage to seperate the rogue from its healer, have waited for clos to be used, excape their stuns and survive the attack after vansih and get roots on them and faerie fire. Run a safe distance and attempt to heal... ' Gheyrogue gains Shadowstep'
WHILE ROOTED IN PLACE! they appear behind you and kick or just knock back the required heals killing you.

Does anyone else feel its strange that a rogue can teleport themselves across the world while rooted?

With the tooltip stating " Entanglings roots - Roots the target in place "

Mages blink can break roots fine its ment to but why can a rogue that can remove magic effects off themselves every minute, interupt spells from melee or even range with deadly throw, Vanish from sight breaking snares and avoid incoming spells also now while firmly rooted to the floor teleport themselves and the roots behind the moonkin avoiding yet another spell cast or stopping any attempted heals. All with roots being dispellable and on diminishign returns to start with.

Basically not a nerf thread just asking if it seems unreasonable that a rogue can step into shadows with roots entangling them, can rip the roots out of the ground and teleport them with the rogue, then reattach themselves into the ground behind an enemy? Seeing as im not a resto druid i dont expect the casual lol l2p or spec resto noob responses. Because Season 2 i had 2150 2v2, 2350 3v3, and 1900 5v5 teams but ever since Harp and now the seemingly broken sub specs I keep getting served my own oversized ass on a plater.

I made a post simillar to this on other forums too just wondering how rogues see this.
#35 - Feb. 8, 2008, 7:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Crossposting is bad m'kay!
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=2405189319&sid=1