New blue info!

#0 - Feb. 28, 2007, 1:20 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
The cooldown for Prayer of Mending is now going to be ten seconds, instead of fifteen. Additionally, we're improving the amount of damage mitigation Power Word: Shield gains from plus to healing by an additional ten percent, which is effectively double what it is now. Circle of Healing will cost 30% less mana, and we're also continuing to look into improving Light well, as well as analyzing priest survivability in both PvE and PvP.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=79223653&sid=1
#17 - Feb. 28, 2007, 8:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Q u o t e:

The cooldown for Prayer of Mending is now going to be ten seconds, instead of fifteen. Additionally, we're improving the amount of damage mitigation Power Word: Shield gains from plus to healing by an additional ten percent, which is effectively double what it is now. Circle of Healing will cost 30% less mana, and we're also continuing to look into improving Light well, as well as analyzing priest survivability in both PvE and PvP.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=79223653&sid=1

Blue tagging this, as this is quite important information

[edit] My wording has been slightly changed because someone got offended by my previous choice of words, and that was never intended.
#50 - Feb. 28, 2007, 10:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post

Q u o t e:
What's that little smile at the end? Are you joking us?

Not at all. I was just trying to be friendly.

Q u o t e:
Your fellow devs are doing the usual terrible job, the so-called buffs are are nothing and a 10 seconds cooldown to PoM is just like a 20 seconds cooldown.

10 seconds is not the same as 20 seconds!

Q u o t e:
They must take back all the changes, restore things like they were before, and then they must buff the gimped priest class without any drawback.

They will do what they feel is best. Nothing more, nothing less!
#62 - Feb. 28, 2007, 11:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

so feedback and whatelse are useless?

Not at all... feedback is great and good constructive feedback does have an influence of what happens. My point is that in the end it is the developers who will decides what will be done, so screaming and yelling demands on the forums will not have much of an influence on them.

Q u o t e:
i'll quit my class, no big deal...but never came to your mind to quit your job cose it's useless?

It will of course be sad if it comes to the point that you and everyone else will quit because of this, but there is not really much I can do about that.

Q u o t e:
i mean, no offense, but you're taking paper or e-mails from your desk to another one, without getting any result, or even any "chance" to get any since ""
...though it pays the bill for sure.

My job entails a little more than that I would say, but I guess that everything can be boiled down to communication and flow of information.

Q u o t e:
You should be our voice when we whine aswell, just write an e-mail with these lines in it:

Despite popular belief, I do in fact listen to and forward your feedback to the developers or other relevant departments within blizzard (it depends on the nature of the feedback of course), and I do that every day nomatter if it is during good or bad times. That means that both whines and cheers gets listened to and forwarded, but the things being done with that forwarded information is often outside the reach of my influence, which means that it is not always possible to address immediate and pressing concerns that are being discussed on the forums.

Q u o t e:
%#%%ing Hell, stop playing Warhammer beta and damn Listen me! (us)

I am far too busy playing TBC in my free time, thank you very much.
#66 - Feb. 28, 2007, 11:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Its just a simple fact, ASCII genitalia is the only language they understand.

Very much untrue. In fact we ban the very people who resort to this kind of behaviour, and the feedback from those people will not be missed.

#92 - Feb. 28, 2007, 12:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
It is great to see the blueposter behavior here.

"Don't shoot the messenger" - who came here laughing us about "essential information".

Then there was one who didn't like blueposter's behaviour and said it pretty straight. Result: Permanent ban.

After that the original bluepost was edited like nothing happened. gg.

Just FYI: I did edit the wording in my original post because I did not wish to offend anyone, but I have issued no permabans as a result of any post that has been created in this thread. If someone got permanned, then that must have been a result of bad and unacceptable behaviour being displayed elsewhere.

Please note that people do not get banned for criticizing, complaining or speaking the truth, but people do get banned if they cannot keep a civil tone when posting.

We have forum guidelines for a reason and It is very much possible and easy to voice your opinions and feelings without the use of profanities, insults and other types of harassment, which are all against mentioned forum guidelines. Those people who do not agree on this, and who thinks that it is perfectly OK to throw around insults and profanity when being unhappy about something, those people will get removed from these forums without questions or second thought.

Conclusion: Voicing your concerns and complaining is perfectly fine. Violating the forum guidelines while doing so is very much not fine.
#104 - Feb. 28, 2007, 12:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Fair enough.
Now allow me to ask you something, and if you can, please answer honestly.

We all have jobs/school that we attend every day, we all come home at the end of it to relax a bit and enjoy ourselves in whatever way each of us likes.
Some watch TV, some play football...some of us play WoW.
Some of us have been playing WoW for a long time.
Some of us have been playing a specifc class in WoW for a long time.
We spent months (Dare I say years for some?) with our characters, getting to know it's abilities and limitations, improving it, getting new gear and items, learning how to master it...
And then one day, we come home, and we find that we cannot do it anymore in an effective manner.
Someone just "stole" our fun from us.
Someone stole something from us for which we have paid, are paying, and will continue paying every single month.

Honestly, if you were in our place, how would it make you feel?
Just please, don't insult the intelligence of your own player-base saying these changes are small, they are NOT.

I would of course be unhappy and I would complain and voice my concerns for sure, but I would most certainly not resort to insults and profanity... My mother raised me better than that!

I know perfectly how much it sucks when your favourite class gets nerfed, and that is never easy to accept. I know that just as much as anyone else, even if my text is blue!
#107 - Feb. 28, 2007, 12:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Vaneras, fair enough, game changes happen.

Indeed.

Q u o t e:
But can you just find out for us why? I mean it appears to us to be fairly arbitrary who or what gets nerfed and to turn the normally reasonably well behaved priests forums into this bed of discontent. I mean as a shadowpriest i can see that maybe we're not supposed to nuke that hard, but I mean the scaling's going to gimp me in a couple of raid instances time anyway.

I will try, and if/when we get that feedback for you, then we will of course post it. With that in mind, please know that nerfs and buffs are never done because a developer dislikes one class more than others. Nerfs and Buffs are always done with balancing in mind, be it PvE or PvP and if something isn't working as intended, then it will get adjusted or sometimes even completely changed.

Q u o t e:
Please, give people a little more transparency then you'll get a little more co-operation and a LOT less flaming.

We will of course do what we can, but that will not stop us from removing people who are displaying completely uncivil and unacceptable behaviour.