Priest Class Concerns 2.2

#0 - July 13, 2007, 1:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I though it might be useful to drop every thing into 1 post seen as the 2.1 thread got to its max, included will be old concerns as well as any thing new, Most of this comes from reading the forums and personal experience on how priest are padding out at the moment. If you agree / disagree please comment, Keep things constructive please, if you disagree say why and justify it.

General Concerns

Priest Raid Utilization, Post TBC:
This is one that has split the community, what a lot of people, including my self fell is that priest have been taken away from there primary roll “Master of all Healing”. This is in part due to the fact that a priest is so much more useful to raid if shadow, holy priest are continually now finding them self sat on the bench when it comes to 25man.

Two Talent Trees Needing for Raid Healing Builds:
This is a concern that has come up in the priest forum over and over, why as a priest do we have to take so many talents from two different trees. This is in direct contrast to all other classes that are capable of healing.

PvP Survivability:
This one has it ups and down, although it is a concern that been brought to the forum a number of times. In general priest fair well in arenas up to 3v3, in terms of 5v5 teams it because a challenge in any team not have a priest dead within the first 10 seconds, In general, not all cases there are very few priest in the top 5on5 teams due to this. We are currently are an easy kill.

Crowd Control:
Since beta priest only form of crowd control and consistently had the nurf stick taken to it, a lot of priest feels this is usually because dev’s are trying to balance the warlocks fear and we just happen to use fear also … But due to trinket changes and talents that where introduced to other classes, priest increasingly find fear becoming obsolete.

Spirit:
Sprit is intended to be a priest primary stat but in all honest it currently brings too little benefit for a priest to stack spirit over say Mana per 5 or Plus healing. The gains we get from spirit are so minimal and I feel in terms of itemization the points spent in spirit are valued to high.

Discipline

Pain Suppression:
Due to the patch notes there is a lot of confusion on how this spell is to function in 2.2, Its unclear if this is going to grant a passive spell resist (that would be sickening) or if this is just going to effect buffs that where already active prior to the casting of Pain Suppression

Holy

Lightwell:
As stated repeatedly on the boards, this spell lacks the utility it needs to actually be worth the points; it also has some fundament problems which cause this. The buff on the healing this spell dose wasn’t needed, people where happy with the amount it heals for. This spell is to situational, as 31 point talent it should be something that benefits your class all the time.

Circle of Healing
Some people love it some people hate, as people have said before 41 point talents should be should be the defining thing about that tree. The problem with Circle of Healing is it’s just not needed. With the array of other healing spells that priest have there was no need to add another. Again this is a situational spell, and it still fails to be as good as Chain heal for raid healing.

Shadow

Hate:
This is something that people have posted about, so it deserver to be listed here. This problem is emphasized the more +spell damage you get. Current with around 1200 Spell damage Shadow priest are forced to either drop spells out of there routing or take brakes. Due to fade not been an agro dump it doesn’t aid in this situation.

Ok I most likely missed some things, didn’t explain clearly etc etc. this post was more to promote the concerns that I have read on the forums or experienced my self. If any thing needs correcting please post below.
#3 - July 13, 2007, 3:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It was a good idea to create a new thread like this Jezabeth.
This was a great post, very well presented with concise summaries of many of the common concerns.

I would like to ask that future posters in this thread try to follow the example set by yourself and Pyrox, and be very specific on their own concerns, what they agree with you on and what they disagree with. Then this should turn into an excellent and most interesting discussion.