Shadow Priest PvP issues

#0 - July 13, 2007, 11:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I think it should be a good idea to gather up all the PvP issues in the same constructive thread instead of rambling around on multiple forums. Hopefully we might get someone at Blizzard to read this.

I'll start listing some issues that I myself see important. Feel free to add your own, but please try to remain as constructive and realistic as possible, so we actually might get some feedback regarding this thread.

Dispellability of our damage-over-time spells:

Pretty much our main damage output in PvP these days, dispellability combined with high mana cost on the spells is one of our main issues. I propose the following. Copy the talent "Contagion" from the Warlock affliction tree, this talent reduces the chance of the Warlocks affliction spells getting dispelled 6% each rank up to 5 ranks.

It might look like:

- Shadow Determination (Rank 1 of 5): Reduces the chance your shadow spells and effects will be dispelled by an additional 6%.

Lack of escape methods, survivability issues:

Currently we only have our instant-AE fear, which has a 26-second cooldown (talented). This fear can be resisted and removed by dispelling, trinketing and there are alot of methods to make yourself fear immune currently in the game. This also applies to Holy Priests.

Possible solution could be to add us a spell similar to Cloak of Shadows, which instead of granting us a chance to resist spell effects, would grant us a 90% chance to resist movement imparing effects. The spell would have the same cooldown and duration as Cloak of Shadows, making it a situational tool.

Thats what I've come up with so far, feel free to add your own issues and suggestions and thoughts. I'll try to add some more as I come up with solutions.

#53 - Aug. 2, 2007, 8:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I think it should be a good idea to gather up all the PvP issues in the same constructive thread instead of rambling around on multiple forums. Hopefully we might get someone at Blizzard to read this.

A good idea indeed. Such a thread will make the job of feedback gathering much easier, so please by all means gather your PvP concerns in one thread :-)

I have a suggestion for you on what might be the best way of creating a truly constructive and useful compilations thread containing all your Shadow Priest PvP issues and concerns:

1. Gather and discuss all PvP issues and concerns in this thread so that an agreement can be reached on which concerns are overall class concerns that everyone agrees with, and which ones are more individual concerns that only some will agree with.

2. When an agreement has been achieved, create a new thread that contains a structured list of the agreed upon Shadow Priest PvP issues and concerns. Each issue or concern listed can be detailed and contain examples and illustrations, but please try to keep descriptions and argumentation short and straight to the point for the sake of making it easer and faster to gather your feedback.

Happy posting :-)

#301 - Sept. 10, 2007, 12:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Increasing the post cap limit to allow for more posts.

Thanks for the feedback given so far :-)