The new Paladin armor set is too feminine

#0 - Nov. 10, 2006, 2:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Since the other thread discussing the Paladin new set was locked concentrate the discussion of the art design that Blizzard is following concerning the Armor specific for Paladins here.

http://www.worldofraids.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1264&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

This is one of the new sets of the Paladin class. As it's obvious the set design clearly diverges from what the average Paladin player expects his character to look like.

This are the problems i find in this Set:

- A excessive use of pink purple color in the set;

- The excessive of the Shoulders while the Boots look like socks and the arms protection is just awful;

- All the pieces of that set don't have a Plate like aspect, but more of cloth, but cloth really tight to the body;

- The similarities of the set with Robocop, Cylons from Battlestar Galactica (but with bad color) and Teletubbies. A combination of all of those together was something that defied my imagination but it looks like Blizzard as overdone it again!

- All this together lead to the set being rediculously bad designed and have a aspect that some would call "too feminine". This needs to be changed, since Blizzard already changed the model of the male Blood Elves to answer this concerns and even the name of their mount i don't see why changing this would cause a problem. If th Blood Elf male model was too feminine i don't know what to call to this.

Honestly Blood Elves Paladins wearing this set will look more feminine than the old Blood Elf male model without it would look.

When i wish to play a Paladin i want to play a Holy Warrior, with a plate armor set, a libram on my hand and handle huge maces. A set that needs to pass the message to my opponent that he is meeting the fist of retribution, the Judgment of the Light and that he is going to pay by his sins. I don't want to play something that looks like a, erm... uh... mmmm.... Robotubby!
#17 - Nov. 10, 2006, 4:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Mm, nice colours! Not to mention the cool Robocop helmet of course ;)

*runs away*
#151 - Nov. 13, 2006, 2:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This isn't even official information for your information, so maybe you should save your breath until we really announce the T5 sets.
#152 - Nov. 13, 2006, 2:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Oh, and skip the "gay" remarks, I know that word is used to describe something just "bad" in general, but in my ears it sounds homophobic. And I don't like that.