Angry Halmir Rant #734

#0 - Jan. 9, 2007, 9:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
How difficult is it to answer a simple question?

Paladin Retribution dps was over the mark. What mark? By how much?

You nerfed vengeance, fair enough, I honestly don't think there is anyway that is going to change, the multitude of things that add into paladin dps through vengeance probably mean that 15% vengeance is gone for good.

But seriously how difficult is it to talk to your customers and to answer a portion of the player base. You said you were nerfing something, we gave you options.

I myself made several posts with various options that you could explore, because you see the majority of paladins I see posting on these forums, the ones who try to have an input into the direction the class & characters they have spent a lot of time on, don't want uber dps. They dont want to match rogues or anything like it, they just want the spec they have chosen to have a viable role end game, be it PvP or PvE or both.

If paladin dps was over the mark the fine nerf it but don't give us an ability that holds so much promise for us and then change it and throw into doubt the very viability it gave us.

I'm a very simplistic person, most of the things in life I will try to get a yes or no type clear cut answer too, if one exists, so answer me this, if you can. If our dps was over the mark at 6 seconds & +40% spell dmg, why not change Crusader Strike to 8 seconds & +20% spell dmg?

Because you see the beauty of that change is quite significant, because even with 2800 AP, a 550 max dmg weapon & 1000 spell dmg, it still gives the same dps that 10 seconds & +40% gives.

These things have been said before and you just don't acknowledge them. You say our dps was over the mark, well I fixed it for you, I just lowered the dps to the same level that you have, without ripping the guts of its viability out.

Is there some other reason why CS needs to be 10 seconds, other than dps, if so then tell us, because im dam sure the intelligent people who visit this forum can give you a solution, but if you don't tell us then what are we supposed to think, please explain it to me because I just don't get it.

Crusader Strike - The answer to counter spelling, this was stated by the lead designer, well tell me how a 10 second CS does any good agaisnt a 10 second counter spell, explain that to me!

Crusader Strike - Refreshes all judgements, what was the point in this ability if you only have one chance, even at 6 seconds it wasnt a 100% guarantee, i've lost count of the number of triple parries or dodges I have seen in my time.

So what would an 8 second CS + 20% holy give, well it would give two chances to refresh judgements, it would leave the dps at the same place you have it, less if your not uber geared, and it wouldnt really alter any of its burst damage capabilities. So why not do it, explain that to me!

And in case people don't understand what burst damage is, its not Crusader Strike, its CS + AA + SoC + JoC. Having CS at 10 seconds isnt going to change that, the 5 yard range sees to that even when it was at 6 seconds CS was out of range the majority of the time. And lowering the +holy actually lowers its burst damage capabilities, and im sure a great many would love to see that.

So this community has given you options, we have given you alternative methods, from having the refresh feature unmissable to having different ranks of +holy damage, we have given you great and viable ideas and all you have given us is silence and disrespect. And if you don't think that leaving something this big off patch notes isnt being disrespectful then you have a lot to learn.

I don't presume to speak for the whole community, or even for all the ret spec paladins out there but all I want is an answer, a little bit of communication, a reason why our ideas have been rejected and ignored, is it really so hard to write one paragraph of text?
#231 - Jan. 17, 2007, 7:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
To be quite frank and straight to the point it's a discrace no 'blues' have even so much as achknowledged this post, it's a very viable option and makes playing a pally more enjoyable. Ignoring Halmir on this one is pretty much the same as just spitting on him considering he's done a far better job than you're employers in coming up with this alternative.

I haven't ignored it, I just don't have any answers.
#233 - Jan. 17, 2007, 7:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Ohmra i don't mean ot be offensive but do you think you could possibly dish out the blue posts a lil more on the threads that deserve it, i think it's satisfying that when the pally community comes together like this that it's actualy achknowledged :) thanks for the fast reply.

I thought it would be obvious that I read more threads than the ones I reply in. I'll try to clarify that a bit more in the future.