What is Blizzards vision of the Mage?

#0 - July 10, 2007, 1:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I have seen a couple of mages posting that although they might not agree with our vision of the mage and the use of spirit, they do think they can live with this and have adapted and will continue to do so.

I'd be interested to see if any of those mages would like to share their views on how to deal with the situation as it is.

This was posted by Aeus, in the Evocation post, And it got me really currious, because to be hornest i have no idear what Blizzards vision of the mage is, and what he is suppose to bring to a raid? (Aeus please answar this)

A long time ago, we was supposed to be primary ranged magic damange dealers, but that role is take up by the Warlock and Shaow Priests. dps, that is pretty much all we got, I mean water/food and AI, does not really require that you have a mage in the Raid, even though it is convient. Can anyone please give me a reason to bring more than one mage to a raid?

We are a medium dps class which got no other abilitys unlike other medium dps classes which have som other abilitys to benefit the raids other than dps, (like heals/debuffs etc etc.).

I really fell that the mages is left behind, and the Blizzard has lost all interrest in this class. The mage is left in limbo, and really need a good hard look/review, to ballance us against the other classes.

In the mean time i am leveling a shadow priest.

#54 - July 12, 2007, 2:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
When I phrased it like that I may not have anticipated possible interpretations. When I said "our current vision" I was simply referring to the current state of mages and the effect of recent patches/changes.

I can't detail an official "vision of the mage as it is" since I feel any kind of statement at this time would simply not be prudent. It's up to players to decide how they want to see their class and also to incorporate changes into their game play.

It should also be mentioned that referring to the manual or the website at this time might not make too much sense as like with any MMO changes should and usually will be continuous and flexible.

I expect this "statement" to disappoint many of you, and for hat I can only apologise in advance.