Call to Arms - Satchel issue

#1 - May 19, 2011, 2:24 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I am reposting this from another thread (started on the support forums): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489079739

The issue is with regard to groups reforming after you have queued for a heroic dungeon with call to arms, then being made ineligible for the satchel due to the leader adding group members. Of which, sometimes you are not even aware! (I was not aware of what had happened at the time it did happen).

I joined a random heroic as healer. People left the group and dc'd - we requeue'd - to what I thought was a random dungeon. (The yellow writing said "Your group has queued for random dungeon") or something like that - but as I entered the instance (after dying) I heard two "dings" like the group was queued / formed etc. rather than the usual one.

I looked at the group make up - some people were from the same server but different guild.

I plugged on. The group was very low average group - but we did complete the instance.

And I did not receive my satchel.

I was frustrated because the group was pretty bad, and normally I do not sit through these groups and make up the shortfall by being an excellent healer. There is nothing I wanted from any dungeon, not even valor points at this stage. I was merely doing it for the chance of a satchel.

I raised a GM ticket and was told that Blizzard could not confirm that I was eligible.

Blizzard should give us a way to recognise when we are no longer eligible during the instance.

At this stage, if I had noted I was no longer eligible - I would have left group. Which would have been the preferred alternate in this situation.

By "googling" - I have found that I am not alone, and that other people have had this issue.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#5 - May 19, 2011, 7:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm a bit curious to find out if (for those who are failing to receive their Call to Arms rewards after the Dungeon Finder saying they were eligible) anyone's role changed in the process of new members being added? ie. Instead of being a healer, a new member was added and switched to the healing role etc.

We are keeping an eye out on reported inconsistencies with Call to Arms and want to make sure we can track down issues where we can.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#8 - May 19, 2011, 8:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
No role changes.

Adding a single person to the group still causes you to lose "satchel" status.

We tossed a dc'd Mage and replaced him with a brand new one and I didn't get my satchel, and neither did the tank.

EDIT (for wording clarity) -- we let the RDF pick a new DPS for us and it gave us a new Mage. We didn't not add a person manually.

An additional question:

Does this seem to happen frequently or in any particular dungeon?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#53 - May 19, 2011, 9:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thanks everyone. I'll pass along the feedback. There's a lot of good information here.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#105 - May 24, 2011, 10:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey all, we wanted to try to round up a bit more information.

We would like to get a sample of people who have run into issues and need to know the following:

1. What character it happened to
2. What realm the character was on
3. date/time you were in the dungeon
4. a rough idea of what happened during the session
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#113 - May 24, 2011, 11:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just for reference, these types of issues that we often have a difficult time reproducing on our end so information such as you are able to provide is very helpful for helping us find what we may be missing.

In addition, inviting someone to a group without using the Dungeon Finder will negate the bonus as it is no longer a fully random group.