I'm sick and tired of getting harassed

#1 - May 10, 2011, 9:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok, so there's this kid who has about 15 or so characters on this realm. I have about 15 or so as well, probably more. So 15*15, that's a lot of ignore listing to do..

ANYWAYS back to subject matter. I report this kid DAILY for harassing me, my guild mates, and so on and so fourth. I do not say that I'm reporting him, I do not harasshim back. I just put his toon on ignore and keep going with my day (also making a ticket to say that so and so is harassing me. Please, help me.)

Anyways, all in all, I have probably reported him using messages like that through out all my accounts and characters at least 6 or 7 times within a 3 day expanse of playing.

So far... GMs haven't done ANYTHING to try to help me.

As far as I can tell their "Seriousness" about harassment doesn't involve towards said kid harassing me for being a female and leading raids and so on and so fourth. In the end, sexual harassment and just plain old harassing towards me and other guild mates as well.

I'm tired of 1) reporting him DAILY
2) seeing him back on anouther toon DAILY
3) Getting harassed DAILY

Something just isn't right.

Not sure what it is though.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#48 - May 10, 2011, 11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There are very specific things you need to mention in an ongoing harassment situation, Sønic.

Giving 'helpful' penalty suggestions really is not necessary and just takes up valuable space in your petition.

Looking at the accounts attached to the Battle.net you are posting under here, I only see one account that has any recent petition activity.

10 days ago you reported name X, it was looked into.

7 days ago you reported name Y, twice - and stated you'd already reported them 3 or 4 times....not on this account you hadn't, at least not lately.

You currently have a petition open on name Z.

No where in your petitions are you linking all these together. In any ongoing situation if you have reason to believe it's the same person - that's helpful information to provide, as well as the fact that it's ongoing.

If it's someone ELSE that is being messaged - they need to do the same.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#51 - May 10, 2011, 11:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
05/10/2011 11:43 PMPosted by Cannibalvox
Sorry, but do the GMs not see previous actions on the account when they go to discipline the offender? I'm not trying to be snarky, that's a serious question, and if not, it'd be really good to note that in the instructions for what to do when being harrassed.

Yes we can, Cannibal but it's not always as immediately apparent as you may think, especially in cases that span different accounts, possibly even different Battle.net accounts.

Game Masters tend to focus on information provided in a petition, which is why a concise clear (and as brief as possible) synopsis of the issue is extremely helpful in helping us help you.