Racial Profanity and Immaturity

#1 - May 7, 2011, 8:23 a.m.
Blizzard Post
A bit after the launch of Cata I have noticed an alarming increase in racial profanity and an exponential increase in trolling. I am not sure if this is caused by a new generation of dysfunctional 12 year old kids that think they are gangsters while they play wow or what? If this is indeed how the next generation of Americans are going to act socially, this is an embarrassing cultural 'evolution.'

The usage of grotesque racial profanity is much worse than trolling, imo. What is causing this rise? Is it a shift in cultural ideals/identity, or is it something more? It seems this type of behavior wasn't tolerated in the gaming social world, but now it seems these individuals are self-proclamed to be 'cool.'

Any 'real' thoughts would be appreciated, or any way that Blizz could monitor and discourage this behavior.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#18 - May 7, 2011, 9:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I have went ahead and locked this thread since this topic can skyrocket into a direction that it need not go to, unfortunately.

Please continue to report these offending players, Oceanuss. A key thing to remember when reporting these individuals is to put them on ignore and do not respond to them in any way, even if it is asking them to stop. Doing so only entices them more, I'm afraid.