Druids are just OP. Nerf all the way

#0 - Feb. 4, 2008, 9:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
seems like the most common thing said these days, huh?

So, what exactly is wrong with the Druid class? Well ok, let's start with all those massive buffs that have surely influenced the way a Druid works. I mean, they must be huge!!

- Ravage increased by 35%

Well ok, maybe not here, but in previous patches, surely?

-request inaplicable-

What? No other buffs?
(EDIT: few other buffs, as mentioned in lower repsonse. sorry)

Hmm........... so where's the problem?

let's examine the common complaints, shall we?

- Cyclone stops me dead in my path, undispellable, why?
(OMG DR00D CYCLONED ME 4EVA WAT DO I DO?)

well, yes, but it lasts for 6 seconds.
then 3 seconds.
and then you're immune.
or you can trinket

-Druids can instantly run away, like cowards, by shifting out of snares and into travel form
(OMFG DAT DR00D JST RAN FROM ME ND I DIDNT HAV ANYTHIN 2 STOP IT!!!)

this one buggers me. A Druid runs away from another player. Granted, we have lots of ways to do this, but this is part of our class. If we're running, we're not killing. If we disappear, find something else to kill. Weh aven't killed you. And just because you can't chase us, doesn't make us OP

-Druids can still throw off a load of instant heals with as much strength as other heals!
(DAT DR00D JUST HEALED FOR LIKE MILLIONS ND HE DIDN'T STOP)

well guess what. This is part of our mobility. We have them to help with PvE mainly, though also to make us unique (by which it doesn't make much difference compared to other heals) and general 'multi healing' uses. Problem? Not really. Dispel, or just kill us before they tick.

So, ladies and gentleman, I want to hear what else you have to add, where i've gone wrong (if I have), and what would be a reasonable (and i mean backed with evidence) suggestion for us. Also, i suggest taking a Druid to 70 and finding out how hard it is there, for any 'OMG LETS FLAME THIS WHINY DR00D!!'

=)
#28 - Feb. 5, 2008, 1:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Don't use a title like that, I just instantly reported you without even reading the thread.

This is true... Closing this thread so we won't get any more reports on it.

Feel free to re-create this thread with a more appropriate subject title.