Merging accounts...

#1 - May 4, 2011, 3:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Greetings, I have a question and didn't find the answer after searching through the threads.

I have a second account that is NOT upgraded. I have one character on this second account that is level capped at 60 (I did not upgrade the account to BC, Wrath, or Cataclysm). I did this to have a true "Vanilla" character.

I am considering merging that account with this one that is upgraded for Cataclysm play. If I do this will it require the second account to upgrade to Cataclysm play as well? I am trying to avoid this.

Thanks...
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#5 - May 4, 2011, 3:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The World of Warcraft account can be merged into the Battle.net account, Congelatore, however this second account is not automatically granted Cataclysm access. Each World of Warcraft account is unique, and as such, will need to be upgraded accordingly if you wish to access the expansion content.

What you may wish to consider instead of upgrading is transferring the character from the vanilla WOW account to the Cataclysm account. You will then be able to continue leveling that character without having to upgrade the second account. The second account will need to be merged into the Battle.net account in order to perform the transfer, however.