Blizzard, I would like an explanation.

#1 - April 27, 2011, 2:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I tried posting this in the customer service forums, but was promptly told by a blue that the only service I was getting was to move my post elsewhere. So here it is: I am a paying customer, and I am currently unsatisfied with this game.

I would like a response to the following question:

Why does Blizzard repeatedly short-change the pvp community in favor of PVE? I am speaking of two things, the conquest point awards being changed and the ability to convert valor points to conquest.

Changing the amount of points awarded for a win was a simply horrible idea, as you can see by the outcry on these forums, arenajunkies, etc. NO ONE likes this idea. For those of us with multiple alts, it will take hours upon hours each week to simply reach point cap. Some of us have lives, jobs, and responsibilities that prevent us from playing WoW 20+ hours a week. In addition, this change being implemented without it being in the patch notes is simply underhanded. I am sorry, but I don't buy the "it was an honest mistake" excuse that is being tossed around by Bashiok and others. Blizzard has been revising these patch notes for months now; it's obvious that it was simply omitted due to the outrage it would cause.

Secondly, why is it that I can now raid...and use my valor points to get pvp gear? Can I arena and use my conquest points for pve gear? No...it's a one way street...I can change valor to conquest, but not the other way around. How is this not a bias? Again, not all of us have time to raid three nights a week; gearing up through arena was a viable(until now) alternative. With the changes to the arena points award it's potentially going to be faster for hardcore raiders to get pvp gear than for arena players. How does this make any sense?

These decisions are simply killing the casual wow players. Not all of us want to kill imaginary dragons, and not all of us have 20+hours a week to devote to a game. I have been a paying customer with(at times) 4 accounts for nearly four years, and I would like some answers.
#2 - April 27, 2011, 8:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
sometimes we pve people feel shortchange by you pvp folks. When something needs changing on skills because of pvp we pve people feel it.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#31 - April 27, 2011, 8:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Why does Blizzard repeatedly short-change the pvp community in favor of PVE? I am speaking of two things, the conquest point awards being changed and the ability to convert valor points to conquest.

Changing the amount of points awarded for a win was a simply horrible idea, as you can see by the outcry on these forums, arenajunkies, etc. NO ONE likes this idea. For those of us with multiple alts, it will take hours upon hours each week to simply reach point cap. Some of us have lives, jobs, and responsibilities that prevent us from playing WoW 20+ hours a week.

We saw that Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds were over-rewarding players for the time investment required, particularly compared to point gains in PvE. We felt the change we went live with in the patch was a little bit too low and overcompensating though, so we buffed up the numbers for wins just a bit to 180 (Arenas) and 400 (Rated BGs).

04/27/2011 07:13 AMPosted by Xantius
In addition, this change being implemented without it being in the patch notes is simply underhanded. I am sorry, but I don't buy the "it was an honest mistake" excuse that is being tossed around by Bashiok and others. Blizzard has been revising these patch notes for months now; it's obvious that it was simply omitted due to the outrage it would cause.

I'm the one compiling and revising those notes. I scrutinize the patch notes beyond what is probably conducive to my own mental health. I push to make sure I'm getting every single note I can, and that each note is sufficiently detailed and concise. If I had known about this change, it would have been in the patch notes. Just the same, the developers did not withhold this change from me so it wouldn't make it in the patch notes.

There are a lot of developers and they're very busy working on future content. On infrequent occasions a change falls through the cracks and is not properly reported to my team for documentation in the patch notes. That's our fault and something we're working to prevent each and every patch cycle by developing new ways of generating the patch notes.

Let the implication that we intentionally misdirect and lie to you go. It's not true and I personally can't stand it when I see a big change like this not make it into the notes I work for months to finalize.